OT: Around the NHL: Free agency is upon us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Jesus this league is so over due for a reckoning.

I'm sure the morons that complain it's just some woke/cancel culture/snowflake bs don't realize they're part of the problem with the mentality of the league. That Aliu quote is dead on.

“For every vocal racist, there’s a thousand silent ones,” Akim Aliu.

The league is rife with them.

Also the fact that this league is getting more women in management roles and analysts, it's only a matter of time before something like what happened to the Washington football club happens here. I wouldn't be shocked at this point. The celebration of Mailloux being picked, the fact that Zolnierczyk had a career, DeSmith, Voynov was considered by the Habs, Varlamov, etc. Just, wtf.

Oh and let's not forget Jordan Binnington. Got outed as a closet racist and thought a sorry would cover it and got a big pay day as a reward.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
At least milbury kinda got fired

And that idiot cherry
Both should have been fired a very long time ago.

Cherry was basically retired-fired. Milbury has an entire career of that kind of shit and was finally let go after the last straw comment.

I mean Keith is also trash. JR was thankfully fired too. The sport needs a culling. Especially in management with the teams.

Bergevin
Quenneville
Cheveldayoff

All liars. All should be life time banned including Bowman and all the Hawks management.

Reactions: EightyOne

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Hockey is for everybody! As evidenced by the selection of a sex pest in the draft, the Chicago Blackhawks covering up and abetting a serial r*pist, a bigoted maniac reportedly close to signing in Carolina, and probably two dozen other vile stories around the league we haven't heard about, and probably never will.

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So Eichel and Tarasenko are still sitting as trade bait with no homes. Surprised there aren’t more rumours about either.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I’d love for their PR team to really find a way to spin the type of person Tony DeAngelo is, a bloke who’s own dad boasts about using racial slurs all the time. I’m sure there are a ton of apologists for Tony that say he was raised that way, which is always such a cop out when the person is a 25yr old adult.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Hockey is for everybody! As evidenced by the selection of a sex pest in the draft, the Chicago Blackhawks covering up and abetting a serial r*pist, a bigoted maniac reportedly close to signing in Carolina, and probably two dozen other vile stories around the league we haven't heard about, and probably never will.

The amount of disgusting f***ing people (and their shenanigans) in the NHL that have come to light recently really makes me question why I still watch this shit to be honest.

It’s fast becoming as big a joke as the NBA or NFL. Or even the WWE.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
According to the athletic...

Another, both sources said, stemmed from a conversation Fleury had with Vegas owner Bill Foley. That conversation occurred after Foley blocked a proposed trade between the Golden Knights and Penguins that would have reunited Fleury with his original franchise.

Evaluating Marc-André Fleury’s options: Retirement, a Penguins reunion or a new path with the Blackhawks?
Evaluating Marc-André Fleury's options: Retirement, a Penguins reunion or a new path with the Blackhawks?

Yikes

PS - The article also states Fleury liked being in Vegas and didn’t want to uproot his 3 kids, but if was going to entertain a deal, it’d be to the Penguins. Mario Lemieux wanted Rutherford to get him, also Mario is the one that facilitated the Burke and Hextall hiring. So that should explain some things for some of us. Lemieux also asked Allvin to look into getting Fleury back.

JR also tried to deal for Fleury before and after Jarry’s extension. Upper brass and others would think if Hextall could bring him back, it’d be fantastic.

Also, bringing MAF back is endorsed by Crosby, they also go on about how it’d sell jerseys, etc according to that Penguins source.

Also Hex & Burke are in favour of adding MAF, but not at that cap hit, so I’d expect if they made the deal, it’d have to be Pens giving up something to get them to retain. I really hope we can finally dump DeSmith there, don’t do Jarry dirty and send him there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Bruh what is wrong with the Knights? He was a godsend to them and they showed zero loyalty the entire time.

Shero showed more loyalty and solidarity to Michalek.
I mean this is the same team that lied and jerked Vadim Shipachyov around, that bloke literally wanted to just play and ease into the line-up and was ok doing 3rd and 4th line duty to do it, Gallant said nah f*** that.

Kind of makes me glad we didn’t get GG as the coach. Too much of Sully in his style.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
VGK basically told all future goalies for them that anything short of a cup will get you the boot quicker than you can say contract negotiations
I honestly hope this has a trickle down effect. Pete DeBoer was the one that basically facilitated that whole move while Lehner actually liked having MAF as his goalie partner.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's very strange. Yeah they needed some cap relief.. But what a strange way to get it

What they could have done is let MAF and his camp know and then let the Hawks know and then facilitate maybe a 3-way deal and figure it out, the way they did it was just trying to do it without having to deal with the backlash and in turn, ended up having to deal with it anyway and for going about it in the worst way possible.

They could have done something like…

The original deal…Then the Pens come in and deal for MAF for Pettersson, DeSmith, Bellerive, + Pens 2nd in 2023 for MAF retained at 35% and the VGK 3rd they hold in 2022 as a f*** you.

The hawks get a back-up to help Lankinen/Delia or whatever ends up being in that crease, while also getting some more defensive help and a young player that might get an opportunity there as well as a 2nd pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad