OT: Around the NHL: Free agency is upon us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

Crazy how far Neal has plummeted. From being a 40 goal guy with Geno to....this.

When we first traded for Neal I was pumped. People loved his goal scoring and that was great and all, but for me he came across initially as a power forward. He was always around the net being annoying, not cheap but a hard nosed guy.

Then he started getting really good at scoring goals and then he became a major dbag. He wasn't playing hard, he was flat out dirty. I threw his jersey in the trash after the whole Boston/kneeing game.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
When we first traded for Neal I was pumped. People loved his goal scoring and that was great and all, but for me he came across initially as a power forward. He was always around the net being annoying, not cheap but a hard nosed guy.

Then he started getting really good at scoring goals and then he became a major dbag. He wasn't playing hard, he was flat out dirty. I threw his jersey in the trash after the whole Boston/kneeing game.

To be fair, it was f***ing Brad Marchand he kneed. No loss there.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Vegas just cap dumped the reigning vezina goalie
Odds that Fleury retires? if he does that's a totally crappy way to end your career.
I think there are some bit though that this might fuel him to have a screw you vegas I'll show you what kind of goalie I am kinda season...

Lehner was GARBO last season, he put a few decent games together but Fleury was clearly the best player on the team during the regular season.
It will be interesting to see if Lehner can put together a good entire season for vegas next season.

Fleury is not only a great human being who embraced his role in Vegas, he is, arguably, the face of the franchise. This is almost akin to trading Crosby (or Malkin) to a crap-hole team and letting them find out in twitter they got traded. What a trash move by Vegas.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
other random thought. what are the odds that chicago aquired Fleury just to flip him to pittsburgh? ;) Chicago, unlike vegas, can retain a little salary, which might make a flower return to the burgh possible.

Reactions: Ignatius

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Being traded is normal.
But not being told you've been traded is an absolute shit thing to do.

Especially to that awful franchise.

Owners in every sport and in every business do absolute shit things all the time. Unlike a lot of people who are the victims of shit activity by their bosses/owners, MAF can choose to say screw it, I'm retiring to feed the hungry or become a politician or whatever he wants, or he can choose to go play in Chicago (seems like he's still got same game despite the most recent playoff faux pas). And unlike nearly everyone else in the world, he has nearly limitless choices, because he's made a ton of money before the age of 40 playing hockey. Doesn't change what/how Vegas did what they did, but the fact that Vegas acted like shit doesn't really get me feeling sympathetic for MAF.

Guess I'm just getting old and cranky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad