Around the NHL - Episode XLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Evander Kane will likely get suspended for an elbow against Winnipeg. 2 games is my guess.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
In case we thought he just sucked in our games, referee Dean Morton choked on his whistle in OT in Montreal tonight, failing to call an obvious trip when a Habs player got taken down. Of course, Dallas scored a minute later to end it. This is pretty standard for Morton lately, as he is the one who missed the call when Boro just about had his eye removed a couple of weeks ago vs. New Jersey. If this clown sees a minute of playoff action it will be a complete travesty...

Reactions: Beville

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Zibanejad (26)
24goals 51points in 44 games

Connor Brown(our top scorer)
11goals 36points in 58 games

Reminder to those who said we don’t want zibanejad, he’s overrated and will never be what we hoped (including lee versage) - you don’t know jack. So try and talk less mmmk?

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Zibanejad (26)

Reminder to those who said we don’t want zibanejad, he’s overrated and will never be what we hoped (including lee versage) - you don’t know jack. So try and talk less mmmk?

*Raises hand in the air *

I was wrong about Z. I wasn't a fan and didn't think he had much hockey sense.

Turns out it wasn't a lack of hockey sense but more a lack of maturity and dedication to the game when he was here in Ottawa.

Dang hed look good as our #1C right now

Reactions: RaMai and Icelevel

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
In hindsight the Zbad trade was awful, no doubt. He's only having this success, though, because he finally grew up and started taking the game and his fitness level more seriously. Was that ever going to happen here? Maybe, maybe not, but clearly the trade was a wake up call for him...

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
*Raises hand in the air *

I was wrong about Z. I wasn't a fan and didn't think he had much hockey sense.

Turns out it wasn't a lack of hockey sense but more a lack of maturity and dedication to the game when he was here in Ottawa.

Dang hed look good as our #1C right now
Takes a real man to admit to a mistake like that. Respect. It’s no big deal really. Hard to predict. But some people were reeeally adamant that he was disposable.

Reactions: DJB

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Takes a real man to admit to a mistake like that. Respect. It’s no big deal really. Hard to predict. But some people were reeeally adamant that he was disposable.
He was disposable the way he was playing. I’d love to go back in time and reverse the trade.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
Zibanejad (26)

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
Zibanejad (26)

I hated that trade from the day it was made but Ken Warren wrote a piece this week evaluating all of Dorion's trades. He still believes Dorion won that one even with the benefit of hindsight.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
New Jersey get a first round pick and Nolan Foote for Blake Coleman. The Devils have shed a top four defenseman (Greene) and their fourth leading scorer today going all in on the tank.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Gotta say, Evander Kane could not be more right imo. Bias for stars and no consistency across the board. Strange coming from a guy that has probably earned his, but totally agree, its become a joke.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
In hindsight the Zbad trade was awful, no doubt. He's only having this success, though, because he finally grew up and started taking the game and his fitness level more seriously. Was that ever going to happen here? Maybe, maybe not, but clearly the trade was a wake up call for him...
I disagree, Zibanejad was paired up with Ryan on his tenure in Ottawa who is a total anchor. Zibanejad only had fitness issues when he was 19 but turned it around. A young 50 point centre with good two-way play and flashes of offensive brilliance. Was a terrible trade at the time as well.

Reactions: Ed Wood

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Jack Eichel telling all of the Leaf Fan Boys to sit the @#@# down in Buffalo tonight was glorious - I could watch that on repeat for hours. My dream is to have Brady do it here, hopefully as soon as the end of March.

Related, I can't decide if I want the Leafs to miss the playoffs by a point, or squeak in and get blasted in four straight...

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Jack Eichel telling all of the Leaf Fan Boys to sit the @#@# down in Buffalo tonight was glorious - I could watch that on repeat for hours. My dream is to have Brady do it here, hopefully as soon as the end of March.

Related, I can't decide if I want the Leafs to miss the playoffs by a point, or squeak in and get blasted in four straight...

I'd rather they make the playoffs and get run out of the building in the first round.

I don't trust the NHL enough to give them any chance in the draft lottery. It's bad enough the league has the refs "managing" games to keep everything close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad