Around The NHL Discussion 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Are Avs and Vegas 2 dirtiest teams in the league? So much headhunting between them. I don't really care who wins Cup at this point, so long as isn't either of them.
Teams I’d rather see win:
Carolina
Montreal
Islanders
Toronto (yes it’s true)
Tampa

So, anyone but Boston I guess? I’d root for anyone vs Vegas, not sure between Boston and Colorado.

But I think the result today is more to do with one team coming off an emotional game 7 and the other team with lots of rest. I’d love to see an embarrassing sweep, but I expect we’ll see a tighter series after this.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
i watched the reaves play and i dont see much even happening there thats playoff hockey as far as i am concerned and the avs have no room to talk about suspensions after they defended Kadri and Jost.

9min PP off that is hilarious

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I wish the NHL would give harsher discipline be quick with suspensions for things like cross-checking a guy down on the ice after the whistle. I’d be lenient on illegal hits on hockey plays gone wrong, like a mis-timed hit that turns into a headshot. But there is nothing in a play like that but an intent to hurt the other guy. I love physical hockey, but there’s no need for the stuff outside the play.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Teams I’d rather see win:
Carolina
Montreal
Islanders
Toronto (yes it’s true)
Tampa

So, anyone but Boston I guess? I’d root for anyone vs Vegas, not sure between Boston and Colorado.

But I think the result today is more to do with one team coming off an emotional game 7 and the other team with lots of rest. I’d love to see an embarrassing sweep, but I expect we’ll see a tighter series after this.

Tampa is our best bet to take out Boston, Vegas, and Colorado. That's all I want.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Hopefully Avs or Vegas win a Cup. All what matters. Cant take if Boston or Toronto wins it.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
The avs and vegas are beating the shit out of each other and im reaping all the benefits

Reactions: Ranksu

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Reaves has really turned into a dirty goon. He will be suspended.

Turned in to???

guys always been. He tries to hurt people. The funny part is, he’s actually a terrible hockey player. He’s probably the toughest guy in the league or top 3. Not sure why he needs to cheap shot people.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Turned in to???

guys always been. He tries to hurt people. The funny part is, he’s actually a terrible hockey player. He’s probably the toughest guy in the league or top 3. Not sure why he needs to cheap shot people.
I knew someone would make this post.

When Reaves was with us he wasn’t that dirty. He had one bad hit that I can think of but overall he just played a very physical, but clean, game.

In Vegas he’s had tons of headshots and cheap shots over the past couple years.

So yes, he has turned into one.

Reactions: TK 421

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I knew someone would make this post.

When Reaves was with us he wasn’t that dirty. He had one bad hit that I can think of but overall he just played a very physical, but clean, game.

In Vegas he’s had tons of headshots and cheap shots over the past couple years.

So yes, he has turned into one.

You think someone just “becomes” dirty? Like he woke up one day and decided to start playing that way? He wasn’t dirty (to you) when he was on your favourite team because .....well he played for your favorite team.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
You think someone just “becomes” dirty? Like he woke up one day and decided to start playing that way? He wasn’t dirty (to you) when he was on your favourite team because .....well he played for your favorite team.
Why are you even on our sub arguing with me?

I personally don’t care at all about your opinion. I’m an objective fan and I know when players are dirty or not. I know the Blues currently have a couple guys that are.

I could show many YouTube examples of Reaves’ evolution but I’m not going to bother, because again, you don’t matter to me.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
I bet he will not play any games at these playoffs. Will get ~15 games ban.

After what Kadri got with a more consistent record for being suspended? Kadri got 8.

I'll be shocked if Reaves gets 5 games. He'll play in a game 7 if Vegas can get that far.

Reactions: Blueston

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
I thought we sucked and Avs were overrated and they would get stomped by Vegas? Or am I misremembering what I read on here?

I mean, let's be real here, anyone, and I do mean anyone, that was playing the "Colorado aren't actually that good, they are just overhyped." card doesn't pay any damned attention.

Arguably the top line in hockey? Chcek,
Really solid depth with good, positive players down there entire forward core? Check.
An absolutely elite defensive core headlined by 3 defensemen better then anyone we got (Makar, Toews, and Girard)? Check.

That was always a silly case. As far if we sucked, well, yes. That's why that was a series it was listed as more likely the Avs swept us then we won, which was scoffed at before the series started by a lot of Blues fans and then, look at that, they swept us. Colorado is an insanely talented team and we are not, and being legit if we want to make a playoff run we have to find some way to beat them going forward and who knows how we do that.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I mean, let's be real here, anyone, and I do mean anyone, that was playing the "Colorado aren't actually that good, they are just overhyped." card doesn't pay any damned attention.

Arguably the top line in hockey? Chcek,
Really solid depth with good, positive players down there entire forward core? Check.
An absolutely elite defensive core headlined by 3 defensemen better then anyone we got (Makar, Toews, and Girard)? Check.

That was always a silly case. As far if we sucked, well, yes. That's why that was a series it was listed as more likely the Avs swept us then we won, which was scoffed at before the series started by a lot of Blues fans and then, look at that, they swept us. Colorado is an insanely talented team and we are not, and being legit if we want to make a playoff run we have to find some way to beat them going forward and who knows how we do that.
Come on man on citing these predictions. There's not a single playoff series where you could remove a team's leading scorer and 4 defensemen (one of them arguably the 1D in the face of a hobbled Parayko) and hold any credence to any predictions that preceded that. Perron was held out by Covid. Walman was held out by Covid. Dunn was out with a concussion. Second game of the series Bortuzzo (fractured orbital) and Faulk (concussion) were knocked out. Its irritating enough to see national pundits patting themselves on the back about how accurate their predictions were, but Blues' fans should know better. How many of these prognosticators were penciling Reinke and Santini into the regular line-up?

I agree its stupid to claim Colorado isn't a good team. They're the Presidents Trophy winner. You don't need to make a case that they're a contender....its self-evident. I only saw one poster pretending otherwise, and its someone we all know well enough to ignore. Is that who you're rebutting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad