Around The NHL Discussion 2021-22 Part IV Into the Playoffs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Yeah Kerber is the one who made the tweet and he was on the radio today and doubled down on that, that the Blues have at least gotten something out of all their 1sts, even if it’s through trade, except for one.

The only one we got nothing out of was Jordan Schmaltz.

id like to think Chicago made sure to take Jordans brother 1 spot ahead of the blues, so then we got Fabbri

so can just count Schmaltz in with Fabbris cup as far as im concerned lol

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
And the NHL offseason is underway! The Wild just traded Kevin Fiala to LA for their 1st and a solid prospect.

I expect things will start heating up big time now. Only 1 week till the draft and 2 weeks till free agency.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Not a bad trade for either team. Fiala extended for ~7.9M AAV per Friedman

Well that takes the Kings out of the Chychrun trade talks most likely
Maybe not. Arizona is likely interested in picks outside of 2022 and the Kings still have plenty of depth in the system to acquire another piece.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
so funny that Minnesota is going to waste Kaprizov like they did Gaborik

Still paying so much to Suter and Parise for the next 3 years, 14 million in dead cap... yikes

doubt they make for the playoffs next year, lose 85 points in Fiala. Hartman is not scoring 35 again. Zucc is gonna be 35.

No Fleury, Talbot is whatever and getting older.

Dumba keeps getting worse and their Dcore in general is getting old.

Rossi may be a difference maker (Boldy will be) but still

Kaprizov can’t be very happy about the state of things

Last edited:

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
so funny that Minnesota is going to waste Kaprizov like they did Gaborik

Still paying so much to Suter and Parise for the next 3 years, 14 million in dead cap... yikes

doubt they make for the playoffs next year, lose 85 points in Fiala. Hartman is not scoring 35 again. Zucc is gonna be 35.

No Fleury, Talbot is whatever and getting older.

Dumba keeps getting worse and their Dcore in general is getting old.

Rossi may be a difference maker (Boldy will be) but still

Kaprizov can’t be very happy about the state of things
Exactly. This past year was their best shot. Gonna be a few years until they are in position again due to the dead cap.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Exactly. This past year was their best shot. Gonna be a few years until they are in position again due to the dead cap.

difference is though, Kaprizov isnt going to stick around like Gaborik did. At best, they have four years of him before he dips. I’d expect a trade request before then based on how pissed he gets about having loser teammates

Actually feel for Minnesota as it’s constant mediocrity, never bad enough for high picks to rebuild, never good enough to make an impact

EDIT - Gaborik played for Min a for a way shorter period than I remember

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
The Fiala extension seems to make the next deals for Kyrou and Thomas a little clearer for now. If they happen this offseason, I can't see Kyrou getting more than $7M AAV and Thomas more than $7.5M AAV based on the $7.875M Fiala got. Fiala's deal only buys 1 RFA year if I'm not mistaken, where Thomas and Kyrou have two left after their current deals. Neither Thomas nor Kyrou have put up the numbers Fiala did last season (both came close) and neither came close to the 68 point pace Fiala had the prior two seasons.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the agent for either or both insisted on waiting until next offseason to try to drive the price up with another PPG+ performance in the regular season.

Reactions: mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
difference is though, Kaprizov isnt going to stick around like Gaborik did. At best, they have four years of him before he dips. I’d expect a trade request before then based on how pissed he gets about having loser teammates

Actually feel for Minnesota as it’s constant mediocrity, never bad enough for high picks to rebuild, never good enough to make an impact

EDIT - Gaborik played for Min a for a way shorter period than I remember
Were you thinking Mikko Koivu maybe? He was the face of the Wild franchise for almost his whole career

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
The Fiala extension seems to make the next deals for Kyrou and Thomas a little clearer for now. If they happen this offseason, I can't see Kyrou getting more than $7M AAV and Thomas more than $7.5M AAV based on the $7.875M Fiala got. Fiala's deal only buys 1 RFA year if I'm not mistaken, where Thomas and Kyrou have two left after their current deals. Neither Thomas nor Kyrou have put up the numbers Fiala did last season (both came close) and neither came close to the 68 point pace Fiala had the prior two seasons.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the agent for either or both insisted on waiting until next offseason to try to drive the price up with another PPG+ performance in the regular season.

I think Kyrou and Thomas are significantly better than Fiala. I'd be thrilled if Army signed our guys to less than 8 M AAV.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I think Kyrou and Thomas are significantly better than Fiala. I'd be thrilled if Army signed our guys to less than 8 M AAV.
Significantly better based on what? They are all about the same age and Fiala’s career numbers (counting and per game) are inarguably better than both. Thomas may have more value as a center but I don’t see what you mean here.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia

Uh no way

I’d rather have them over Fiala, but Fiala is much more proven.

I’d agree with the initial post, like around 7 for Kyrou and 7-7.5 for Thomas

Also think that 7.5 is a good player cap at the moment to go around, with that being ROR and Tanks deals for now. Army seems to really use players existing contracts on the team as a basic for payouts. Lots of common numbers with the contracts on this team (7.5, 6.5)

Ideally a ROR extension comes in for relatively cheap, makes it harder to negotiate for more than whatever he makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad