Around The NHL Discussion 2021-22 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I don't know if the Jersey Jersey is that popular. The hat hat is just a wearable meme. It's making fun of the jersey. Even better that the money goes to a (hopefully) good cause.
Maybe popular wasn’t right word. But spurred fun meme and raised some money for charity.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
I don’t know what Tkachuk is so worked up about
did he lose a finger or something?
all kinds of sneaky, d-bag stuff happens in scrums

when I played rugby in college, biting would happen to a couple guys a game, it would even happen occasionally happen in practice

Last edited:

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Habs clean house. Bernie and their head scout both fired. Embarrassing franchise at draft and then getting off to abysmal start is tough combination.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I wonder what Brady did. He is clearly no saint just like his brother.

As for Lemieux, consider me unsurprised that he would do something like that (looks at lineage).
Claude Lemieux was a jagoff, but that dude had The Midas Touch - four Cups.

When it comes to the Numbchuk brothers....no thanks. I have no interest in either of them.

Reactions: Celtic Note

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
It was good there was no injury on that slewfoot, but that didn’t make the play any less dangerous. However, I think Marchand is being scapegoated a bit here as a symbolic crack down on slewfoots. It’s ridiculous that this gets 3 games in view of Subban’s similar play not long ago.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Marchand is the best slewfooter in the league imo. He rarely uses it near the boards which means it doesn't usually result in an injury. He uses a quick hook at skate level in open ice typically before anyone is moving at speed and is very good at disguising it from officials as he's doing it. Saw him get Parayko a few years back and could only laugh at how slick Marchand was, the little rat. I AM NOT SAYING HE SHOULD BE DOING THIS DANGEROUS ACTIVITY. However, if a player on my favorite team HAD to take a slewfoot from somebody I'd want the super good at it Marchand to be the guy handling the slew to make sure no one got hurt.

Also screw Marchand, we're the 2019 Stanley Cup Champions and he cried in a Game 7. And it was great.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Marchand has a history of slew footing and a number of fines and suspensions. His history is the reason for the number of games. This is also a warning not to do it again and puts a bit of a spot light on his behavior for the refs in future game. I don’t think he got a penalty on it during the game so….

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I don’t know what Tkachuk is so worked up about
did he lose a finger or something?
all kinds of sneaky, d-bag stuff happens in scrums

when I played rugby in college, biting would happen to a couple guys a game, it would even happen occasionally happen in practice

I forget which player was being interviewed, but I heard a player discussing the infamous Burrows biting incident against the Bruins ten years ago. Basically they said if you don't wanna get bit, keep your fingers out of his mouth. Tough to argue with that!

Reactions: joe galiba

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
I forget which player was being interviewed, but I heard a player discussing the infamous Burrows biting incident against the Bruins ten years ago. Basically they said if you don't wanna get bit, keep your fingers out of his mouth. Tough to argue with that!

Shane O'Brien talked about it yesterday on Sirius XM. He told the official the guy bit him. Official said well what you do to you? Told he fish hooked him in mouth. Official said I think you got what you deserved. Not another word mention.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Shane O'Brien talked about it yesterday on Sirius XM. He told the official the guy bit him. Official said well what you do to you? Told he fish hooked him in mouth. Official said I think you got what you deserved. Not another word mention.

Obie is such an entertaining guy. Love listening to his podcast with Scottie Upshall.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Is anyone else scratching their heads over the Jack Hughes deal?
I mean I guess he's their future, but idk if I would commit that much money this early. I can definitely see them getting all the Hughes brothers one way or another and locking them up indefinitely, but I don't get the contract right now.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Is anyone else scratching their heads over the Jack Hughes deal?
EF talked about it. Said if you think he is your guy need to lock him up bc guys like that never get cheaper if you wait. I remember draisatl deal and how crazy that looked and now is huge bargain.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
EF talked about it. Said if you think he is your guy need to lock him up bc guys like that never get cheaper if you wait. I remember draisatl deal and how crazy that looked and now is huge bargain.
Yeah - Devils know him better than anyone by now. If they believe he's going to be their 1C for the forseeable future, you find the number it takes to lock him up now and not wait until he's got you by the balls, or for the salary cap to rise.

It could end up like a Clayton Keller deal...but even then, he still wouldn't be drastically overpaid simply based on his minutes/usage if nobody better comes along to displace him.

Reactions: Blueston

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Interesting Athletic article (paywall) highlighting the best puck-moving defensemen. Blues have some highly rated players this year:

upload_2021-12-1_11-49-13.png

St. Louis has a trio of players in Justin Faulk, Colton Parayko and Torey Krug that land on this list. The Blues are a fascinating case study because they have three premier puck movers and yet none of them has quite been able to replace the Norris Trophy level value that Pietrangelo used to bring. That shouldn’t be an indictment on the Blues because Pietrangelo’s form has dipped and the contract carries substantial risk but Faulk and Krug aren’t No.1 defenders despite providing solid value while Parayko’s underlying two-way results have been trending in the wrong direction.

The overall rankings aren't as strong as the defensive-end rankings...but they've still got one top-25'er:
Screenshot 2021-12-01 115504.jpg

Attachments

• 414957-a5eabd44ed7f63891a005f771a1c7ffb.jpg
    414957-a5eabd44ed7f63891a005f771a1c7ffb.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
But that's not even remotely a comparable.

The Oilers extended Draisatl after his ELC was complete.
The Devils extended Hughes before his is complete AND right after he returned from the IR.

Draisatl scored 137 points in 191 games played.
Hughes has only 55 points in 120 games played.

Draisatl is built like a Panzer, while Hughes is a waif.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad