Around The NHL Discussion 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
and what about post-season?
62 GP Jones 2.37 GAA and a 9.17 SV%
24 GP Allen 2.11 GAA and a 9.21 SV%

I'd assume Dizee is just suggesting SJ is doubling down on something they dont need and not addressing a concern.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I think San Jose made the right choice, but their window will close long before that contract ends. It’s easier to pick up quality forwards than defensemen like EK. They need to:
1) have Jones rebound into the form they expected.
2) move on from Thornton
3) keep finding young forward talent who can be complimentary players to fill out the roster

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Well if EK won't get healthy back and back to what he was 2-3 years ago this contract will be horrendous for Sharks.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Well if EK won't get healthy back and back to what he was 2-3 years ago this contract will be horrendous for Sharks.
LTIR is the safety valve for guys that can never recover to play up to their contracts these days. I won’t be surprised if he finds his way there at some point before the term is up.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I think San Jose made the right choice, but their window will close long before that contract ends. It’s easier to pick up quality forwards than defensemen like EK. They need to:
1) have Jones rebound into the form they expected.
2) move on from Thornton
3) keep finding young forward talent who can be complimentary players to fill out the roster
I dont think their window is all that open now. Their best players are on the wrong side of 30 and they advanced in the playoffs due to bad officiating.

Reactions: LGB51

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Wow. That’s a steal for the Rangers.

I'd wait and see what kind of contract they give Trouba before proclaiming this trade a steal.

We got Thomas at 20, so getting a high quality player at 20 isn't impossible. Pionk isn't just a throw in.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I'd wait and see what kind of contract they give Trouba before proclaiming this trade a steal.

We got Thomas at 20, so getting a high quality player at 20 isn't impossible. Pionk isn't just a throw in.

Yes but the 20th pick belonged to Winnipeg like 4 months ago.

The Rangers got Jacob Trouba for Pionk and like 6 weeks of Kevin Hayes when they never were going to keep Hayes.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
thats a terrible deal for winnipeg

good news

You have to wonder how some of these GM’s get hired.

The Jets trade their 1st to the Rangers for a handful of games from Hayes. They trade Hayes to Philly for a 5th. They then trade Trouba to the Rangers to get their 1st round pick back. I get 1st round picks have value but isn’t Winnipeg still in a win now mode?

The rumors are they might trade the UFA rights to Myers, and Ehlers could be on the market.

Maybe Laine is going to cost them north of 10 million??? I don’t know what Winnipeg is trying to accomplish.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Potential hot take:

The Blues toughest competition in the Central Division next year is Colorado.

I don't think that's a hot take. That's just a thing. Though Nashville and Dallas could be interesting too.

I honestly wonder if there are some major locker room problems in Winnipeg.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Looks like the sharks are really locking down that claim to 4th or 5th best team in the conference. Congrats on maybe making the 2nd round next year.

Also warms my heart to see Winnipeg making blunders

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I don't think that's a hot take. That's just a thing. Though Nashville and Dallas could be interesting too.

I honestly wonder if there are some major locker room problems in Winnipeg.

I think Nashville is more than Matt Duchene away. Would not surprise me to see a top 3 of Colorado, St. Louis, and Dallas in some order in the Central.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad