Around The NHL Discussion 2019/20 - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Jake Allen got himself a 2 year extension with 2.875 AAV.
so you can begin signing guys for the '21-'22 season. I'd expect something to get done with Schwarty then, sooner rather than later.

Jake Allen has quite the agent...that's a second 'premature' deal he's managed to acquire for his client; well in advance of any real reason or justification of its worth. well done.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Gallagher just signed for 6.5Mil until 2026-27. All of Army's windows must be steamy right now.
I was expecting this AAV to be the comp for Schwartz given the Schenn deal last summer. Perhaps this is a sign that the AAV will be the same, but we might get Schwartz locked in for a shorter term. Gallagher is just a few weeks older than Schwartz.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I was expecting this AAV to be the comp for Schwartz given the Schenn deal last summer. Perhaps this is a sign that the AAV will be the same, but we might get Schwartz locked in for a shorter term. Gallagher is just a few weeks older than Schwartz.
Agreed. I would not be surprised if Schwartz got the same AAV as Schenn and Gallagher until the 2026-27 or 2027-28 season from Army. It would definitely be a year or two too long, but, For pure top 6 forwards, it's starting to become the average price.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
Agreed. I would not be surprised if Schwartz got the same AAV as Schenn and Gallagher until the 2026-27 or 2027-28 season from Army. It would definitely be a year or two too long, but, For pure top 6 forwards, it's starting to become the average price.
Yup, and Schwartz is worth that so long as he's healthy (though you could say this about anyone).

Any thoughts on Bill Foley letting slip that there's going to be a Canadian division this year? Makes me think there's going to be limited games and increased divisional play ala the MLB this summer.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Yup, and Schwartz is worth that so long as he's healthy (though you could say this about anyone).

Any thoughts on Bill Foley letting slip that there's going to be a Canadian division this year? Makes me think there's going to be limited games and increased divisional play ala the MLB this summer.
Wouldn't be surprised. I could definitely see the Blues in a group with Chi, Min, Nash, Dal, and Col. Maybe add Ari?

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
Wouldn't be surprised. I could definitely see the Blues in a group with Chi, Min, Nash, Dal, and Col. Maybe add Ari?
Probably, but it depends. Here's a map someone drew on reddit I find plausible, with Minnesota being the oddball:

q3l09tg2i4t51.jpg

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
so you can begin signing guys for the '21-'22 season. I'd expect something to get done with Schwarty then, sooner rather than later.

Jake Allen has quite the agent...that's a second 'premature' deal he's managed to acquire for his client; well in advance of any real reason or justification of its worth. well done.
Let’s hope Schwartz gets done quick.

I’m not entirely sure Allen at 2.85 is a terrible deal. Especially on a two year term.

Reactions: SchwartzBluesFirst

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
He’s an easy guy to root for. Price is overpaid, but personnel wise I like what Montreal is doing at that position.

Setting themselves up for the expansion draft. It has little to do with the personel moving forward.

Price has a NMC, and Primeau is exempt. They need to expose a goalie under contract for the 2021-22 season.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010

the ahl may not operate, but seems the nhl will borrow their scheduling plans this year

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
the ahl may not operate, but seems the nhl will borrow their scheduling plans this year
If the AHL doesn’t operate, I think the NHL goaltending situation is going to be a challenge. You won’t have those guys ready to call up the next day after an injury, playing against pro adult high level competition. Where are the AHL goalies going to be instead? In Europe. In the KHL. But there won’t be enough quality spots for everyone. Even if there were, the KHL isn’t in the business of supporting NHL teams. They’re not going to want guys shuttling back and forth. And the guys coming from Europe have a trickier transit availability for when they can suit up in North America.

I’m talking goalies, but it’s true at all positions. It’s just teams have more internal depth at other spots. There are some tricky questions to answer if we see some form of NHL playing without AHL.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
If the AHL doesn’t operate, I think the NHL goaltending situation is going to be a challenge. You won’t have those guys ready to call up the next day after an injury, playing against pro adult high level competition. Where are the AHL goalies going to be instead? In Europe. In the KHL. But there won’t be enough quality spots for everyone. Even if there were, the KHL isn’t in the business of supporting NHL teams. They’re not going to want guys shuttling back and forth. And the guys coming from Europe have a trickier transit availability for when they can suit up in North America.

I’m talking goalies, but it’s true at all positions. It’s just teams have more internal depth at other spots. There are some tricky questions to answer if we see some form of NHL playing without AHL.

Can they agree to some kind of practice squad setup for the short term?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad