Around The NHL Discussion 2019/20 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
What a joke of a return for Hall at 50% retained

How familiar are you with those prospects? Not knocking your opinion. Just genuinely curious. I have heard people say its a ton of meh and some saying its massive overpayment. I am really only moderately familiar with the prospects, so I cannot really say myself.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
We could’ve easily beat that without including Kostin/Kyrou. I’m pretty irritated about this.
Yeah but if we include Perunovich, Alexandrov and a 1st that still hurts us. Hall is great but then our prospect pool is basically nothing aside from 2 guys. I don't see the point in giving up that for a rental.

I think it's smart to pass. If Tarasenko comes back in the playoffs we are still clearly the best team in the West and have a chance. If he doesn't, a guy like Toffoli would be a lot cheaper than Hall anyways. We'd be fine just adding him.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
i feel like arizona emptied the cupboard to get hall. plus gave up at least one 1st round pick and likely a 2nd round pick too. it seems like way too much for a rental imo. i guess you can argue they overpaid to get the 50% discount, but still, sheesh that was steep. can't imagine there really was a bidding war if arizona had that on the table.

even if they have a good playoff run, what are the odds hall resigns in arizona? i think low

also, how the heck did new jersey not get a goalie?

Reactions: simon IC

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
We could’ve easily beat that without including Kostin/Kyrou. I’m pretty irritated about this.

I don’t think we could or should have. Merkley is ok, we’ll see what he can do with a fresh start, but you can say the same about Speers so that part of the trade is a wash.

Kevin Bahl is a huge dman that can skate like the wind and chip in on offense. He’s a great prospect. Schnarr is another big body, and a guy I wanted us to draft a few years back. He’s been a bit of a late bloomer, but he’s got a ton of potential as a right hand center. Then throw in a 1st and a conditional 3rd. For a rental.

Our prospect pool is pretty thin as it is, and bottoming out for a guy who will almost certainly walk in the summer for an $11mil contract, is poor asset management. Arizona has drafted a ton in the last few years, they have capacity to lose 3 prospects and still have a healthy stable. We don’t.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Would you give up 1st, 2nd, Kostin, Perunovich, and Stevens? That is basically equivalent package and is too steep for my blood. That said, I think Arizona is smart to do it as they are at different part of their cycle and need to win and create some excitement there.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
After reading some more, I'm not concerned with missing out in Hall. Though I have to say I don't think the Cupboard is going to keep this team in Cup contention..... once the core falls off a cliff, well be back to meh. So I'm all in favor of riding like lightening and crashing like thunder.

I'm not even sure the Thomas/Kyrou/Kostin group will extend the window...but who knows.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
That price was steep for a rental but it's hard to come up with equal value from the Blues side factoring in the retention and the additional forward prospect going back to NJD.

In a vacuum, what I proposed the other day was close.

Peronovich (Bahl)
Husso (Merkley)
2020 1st
Conditional 2021 1st*

*Based on conditions of the AZ trade, this would likely have been our 2021 2nd.

(Taking Speers and Schnarr out of the deal)

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
How familiar are you with those prospects? Not knocking your opinion. Just genuinely curious. I have heard people say its a ton of meh and some saying its massive overpayment. I am really only moderately familiar with the prospects, so I cannot really say myself.
Im also only moderately familiar, and not at all familiar with the d prospect. But I thought it was a collection of meh and picks for a good player, similar to the o'Reilly trade, but NJ is retaining half the salary as well. I definitely thought he'd get back more quality than that.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I did some digging. Bahl is 6'6" and an excellent skater. He is strong defensively, but needs to work on his offensive game. He could be another Parayko. Bahl and a1st alone is steep for a rental. The fact that NJ also got additional forward prospects and a 3rd makes it a steal in my eyes..

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I did some digging. Bahl is 6'6" and an excellent skater. He is strong defensively, but needs to work on his offensive game. He could be another Parayko. Bahl and a1st alone is steep for a rental. The fact that NJ also got additional forward prospects and a 3rd makes it a steal in my eyes..
He’s basically Niko Miko. Nice prospect but no Parayko.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I’m not so sure that I see Hall as a rental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad