Around The NHL Discussion 2019/20 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Why? They seem the least dislikeabke team in division. Minnesota nice and all.
Just a very irritating team. I dont mind the Jets. I have a very irrational hate for the Stars based on their goal song. The Predators, well I hope they fall into oblivion, I like very little of the team/city. Chicago, I have an odd respect/hate for them. I don't really hate the Avs at all

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Just a very irritating team. I dont mind the Jets. I have a very irrational hate for the Stars based on their goal song. The Predators, well I hope they fall into oblivion, I like very little of the team/city. Chicago, I have an odd respect/hate for them. I don't really hate the Avs at all
I'm about the same.

I hate Chicago just because they are Chicago and it's an obligation. But yeah, at least they've had success so you have to give them that.

I hate Nashville because they've never done anything and their team/fans are completely awful. This is my most hated team in the NHL by a longshot. They make Chicago fans look like saints.

I hate Dallas now because of reasons. We are developing a playoff rivalry, Benn, their goal song, Bishop's diving, etc.

Jets are fine. Avs I don't really mind either.

The Wild are just there. They don't seem bad now because they suck, but their fans get very cocky quickly. Let's not forget that when we were facing them in the playoffs a few years ago, their fans went on and on about how deep they are and how they're so much deeper than the Blues with more young talent. Well, our teams have gone in completely opposite directions since then and I don't feel bad for them.

Reactions: Dbrownss

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Most to least hated for me:

Hawks(though it’s becoming more like the Cubs. How can you hate a team that’s so bad?)

Preds-Mostly the fans. Got tickets in their barn dirt cheap a couple years ago. Building was at least 25% Blues fans. Now they act like they’re hockey diehards. When the team collapses the building will be dead silent and empty again.

Avs-Owned by Kroenke. Think their hot shit now until they get dusted in the playoffs.

Dallas-Only for Benn. Now that he sucks I don’t really hate them much. I do get annoyed with how their fans talk up their defense so much, but the Blues will handle them in a playoff series again so it’s not that big of a deal.

Wild-Mostly Bruce behind the bench. Chronic underachiever who just makes one excuse after another. Will never forget him saying the Wild were the better team after a playoff series in which they lost in 5 f***ing games. Excuse after excuse.

Jets-Nothing against them, really. Scheifele dives a lot, but we have David Perron who has been known to flop a bit, so fair is fair. I regularly watch their games because I find their style of play entertaining. No fear of them in a playoff series or anything either. I’m fine with them.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Most hated team 1-10?

1-5 is the Sharks. Thornton is one of the dirtiest players of the last 20 years and the media fawn over him. Owen Nolan, and the awful team that somehow beat the Blues will always suck. Their fan base by far is the most annoying as their team can never get enough breaks and never actually guilty of anything. Burns is great at being a forward but they still play him on D. He’s really bad at actually playing his position yet gets Norris votes. Of all the sports franchises in every sport world wide I hope the Sharks never win a championship more so than any other.

6-9 Chicago because the Hawks suck.

10. The idiot Dallas fan who holds the sign BANG

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Most hated team 1-10?

1-5 is the Sharks. Thornton is one of the dirtiest players of the last 20 years and the media fawn over him. Owen Nolan, and the awful team that somehow beat the Blues will always suck. Their fan base by far is the most annoying as their team can never get enough breaks and never actually guilty of anything. Burns is great at being a forward but they still play him on D. He’s really bad at actually playing his position yet gets Norris votes. Of all the sports franchises in every sport world wide I hope the Sharks never win a championship more so than any other.

6-9 Chicago because the Hawks suck.

10. The idiot Dallas fan who holds the sign BANG
Now this is a list I can agree with. Throw in Nashville too.

Bluesin7

Jan 29, 2014
Anyone else see the video NHL posted of the Predators play where he toe drags and dishes it for a goal? Whoever was announcing messed up on the replay and said something along the lines of Smith sucking a co.... and the comments are hilarious

bradrich99

Feb 3, 2009
42°59′01″N 081°14′59″W
SJ moved ahead of Chicago on my hate list a decade ago. The absolute worst fans in the league. Miserable whiners. Another I think we have forgotten because of how inept they have been is Vancouver. Their players don't bother me it is the fans.

My Top 5 most hated:
1. SJ
2. CHI
3. VAN
4. NSH
5. ANA

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
My hate list evolves over time depending on the circumstances. Right now it's

1. Nashville - Those arrogant fans who have a team that has won absolutely nothing, my god. They've had one deep playoff run in their entire existence. Which is whatever but they act like they're god's gift to hockey.
2. San Jose - The whiniest team/fan base I have ever encountered.
3. Chicago - For no other reason then I've just hated them my whole life and I won't every get rid of it. They aren't actively doing anything right now to make me hate them.

Reactions: DoubleK81

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I feel bad for Vladi as he'll be 34 the next time Russia will be eligible to play in the Olympics and I know it means a lot to him.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I wonder if this news actually decreases the likelihood of an Olympic break being a sticking point in the next CBA.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Man...Keith Tkachuk was one of my all-time least-favorite Blues...but I absolutely love both of the Tkachuk boys. I'd kill to get either of them in STL. I'm not even sure which I prefer; it changes upon each viewing and ends on whichever one I saw most recently.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Man...Keith Tkachuk was one of my all-time least-favorite Blues...but I absolutely love both of the Tkachuk boys. I'd kill to get either of them in STL. I'm not even sure which I prefer; it changes upon each viewing and ends on whichever one I saw most recently.
OT but Spittin Chiclets had Kevin Hayes (their cousin) on today and he told a funny story of how Keith would give the boys advice when they were young and they’d chirp him that he didn’t know what he was talking about because he was a 4th liner (this obviously at the end of his career) and thought Kevin and Jimmy were the shit so he’d text them and tell them to pass the advice on lol

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I think Matthew is my favorite. But I like the whole Tkachuk family. Unreal talent and also seem entertaining as hell.

Erik Johnson was on Spittin Chiclets too and told a funny story about Keith when they were teammates here. They went out for dinner/drinks in Nashville one night and when they were going back to the hotel, Keith somehow ended up completely naked and then got locked out of his room. So he had to find a newspaper and wrap it around himself so he could go get another key from the front desk.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
So, we don't know what he actually did? Wonder if it's not hockey related, like some sort of legal issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad