Around The NHL Discussion 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
The way she mentioned the Winnik’s stood out. Wasn’t a PR approved comment there, that’s for sure. First thought was that was her letting the mask slip. Then, I thought if you take the story as they present it, and this is how you hear about what you are being accused of, I suppose I would be really PO’d too.

I guess she probably did it, because of the way everyone rushed to comment. You just figure this must all be based upon something solid with that response. However, they must be able to eventually turn up something solid with this level of assurance from everyone.

Otherwise, you start to wonder if she was the oddball girl that was with him since before he hit it big, and never fit in, it descended into idiocy over time from all sides, and this is a pack that has convinced themselves of their self-righteousness....which is a common flaw amongst the human race.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
The way she mentioned the Winnik’s stood out. Wasn’t a PR approved comment there, that’s for sure. First thought was that was her letting the mask slip. Then, I thought if you take the story as they present it, and this is how you hear about what you are being accused of, I suppose I would be really PO’d too.

I guess she probably did it, because of the way everyone rushed to comment. You just figure this must all be based upon something solid with that response. However, they must be able to eventually turn up something solid with this level of assurance from everyone.

Otherwise, you start to wonder if she was the oddball girl that was with him since before he hit it big, and never fit in, it descended into idiocy over time from all sides, and this is a pack that has convinced themselves of their self-righteousness....which is a common flaw amongst the human race.

Why do you think the mask slipped when she mentioned Mrs. Winnick? Hoffman never played with Winnick, so its entirely possible she had no clue who she was. And it would be a horrific e-mail if some random person e-mailed you saying you were a terrible person for doing things you never did.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Why do you think the mask slipped when she mentioned Mrs. Winnick? Hoffman never played with Winnick, so its entirely possible she had no clue who she was. And it would be a horrific e-mail if some random person e-mailed you saying you were a terrible person for doing things you never did.

Saying that was my first instinct, because she certainly knows her husband plays in the NHL. I took it as throwing some shade.

As I mentioned right after, and as you mention, that could also be interpreted as a terrible way to find out a herd has you in the crosshairs for something awful.

I don’t think I am too far apart from you on this. I’m going off the assumption they have something solid to bring, but I’m going to have to actually see what they have before I hold any lasting judgment on Hoffman or his fiancé. It’s going to take more than a pack sending tweets out. The only thing that proves to me is that the wives and girlfriends room has been poison for a while and that it affected the locker room eventually too. People in packs are often more irrational than people individually and isolated are, so let’s see what they have.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Let me know when the Canadiens acquire someone who can actually play center. Their situation there is just terrible. And Drouin is clearly a winger but they’re insanely desperate.

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
Habs are already extending Domi. I'm willing to bet that he's a long-term Patches replacement on LW. Still doesn't fix the gaping hole that team has down the middle. I know we've had issues with centers, but it could always be worse...

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
It'll be interesting to see how much time that Arizona give Galchenyuk at centre.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Given that he ALWAYS produced with extended time at center in Montreal, I can't imagine he doesn't succeed with Keller putting pucks in his wheelhouse.

What a stupid trade by Montreal. How Bergevin has a job is beyond me. He's turned Subban, Galchenyuk and Sergachev into Weber, Domi and Drouin.

I'm ecstatic to see what underwhelming return he gets for Pacioretty.

Reactions: CaliBlues710

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
It's not a great trade for MTL, but it's certainly not on the level of the previous two deals. Galchenyuk's production might pick up at center, but his faceoff and defensive ability will limit his ceiling. I think this trade locks them into going for Kotkaniemi at the draft.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Given that he ALWAYS produced with extended time at center in Montreal, I can't imagine he doesn't succeed with Keller putting pucks in his wheelhouse.

What a stupid trade by Montreal. How Bergevin has a job is beyond me. He's turned Subban, Galchenyuk and Sergachev into Weber, Domi and Drouin.

I'm ecstatic to see what underwhelming return he gets for Pacioretty.

Bolded: He speaks French is the only thing I can think of for that.

Clear win for the Coyotes here. I don't think anyone figured they'd trade Galchenyuk for something like that straight up with their lack of center depth.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I was messing around on capfriendly yesterday and decided to look at the cap penalty for buying out Carey Price...if the canadiens bought out Price this offseason, they would be paying him until 2033-2034. Obviously they'd never buy him out this offseason, but just wow. :laugh:

Carey Price Buyout Details - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

As for the Galchenyuk for Domi deal, I don't think value is really that bad if you consider Gally a winger. If he fits in as a C for Arizona (and FWIW I think he very well may) then the deal will favor them heavily. It'll be interesting to see how he fares at C for them. Indications I've seen are that they are at least going to try him out at C.

With Stephan there to do the heavy defensive lifting, Galchenyuk could be put in a perfect position to thrive in a sheltered offensive 2C role with Keller on his wing feeding him chances. There's a very legit chance for Galchenyuk to score 30+ goals 60+ points, and for the coyotes to make the playoffs next season IMO. If that happens, don't see how Bergevin can keep his job...but then again I don't understand how he still has his job so who knows.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
I honestly think the Weber for Subban trade was a lot closer in value then people give it credit. I take prime Weber over prime Subban all day everyday. Also, i know he was injured last year, but i would bet Weber's game doesn't drop off with age as fast as Subban's will one day. Now i realize there is a 3+ year age-gap between the 2 players, but this trade has always been way more criticized then i feel it deserves. I fully expect Weber to bounce back next year. Just my opinion.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
If they want Kotkaniemi they could dropp down few spots. Funny If Kotkaniemi Goes that high when Winter most of people would draft him ~ #20 spot.
Players rise and fall as the season moves along. That's just the nature of the beast.

Someone like Foudy might not have been drafted at all in January with only 7 points in 33 games halfway through this season. A strong second half later and he probably doesn't make it out of the 2nd round.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Trotz just resigned as the Caps coach. Based on Friedman’s tweets it almost seems like he feels the caps low balled him.

I would love to see us replace Yeo with him but I can’t imagine us spending the money.

Last edited:
Reactions: Celtic Note

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Trotz just resigned as the Caps coach. Based on Friedman’s tweets it almost seems like he feels the caps low balled him.

I would love to see us replace Yeo with him but I can’t imagine us spending the money.

That would be awesome but yeah, not going to happen unfortunately. We’ll ride with Yeo for way too long. Just watch.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
How much of Washington was Trotz and how much was the assistants? I'd love for the Blues to snag Korn....he's already in Stl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad