Around The NHL Discussion 2018-2019 - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
This might finally be the Sharks year. That's the kind of emotional win that can catapult a team on a huge run, fleeced by the refs or not.
They get officiating like they did all series and tonight especially they wont be beat.

But reality says their goaltending is a joke, I can see the Avs destroying them.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
This is gonna be an interesting 2nd round.

As much as I was rooting for Vegas this game, welcome to the hockey world. That’s what heartbreak feels like. They kinda needed it.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
giphy.gif

5 min major LMFAO

Ref Jose

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
They get officiating like they did all series and tonight especially they wont be beat.

But reality says their goaltending is a joke, I can see the Avs destroying them.
I hope not. If we manage to get past Dallas I'd be weary of facing a team full of speed and youth embracing the dark horse roll, especially if we go 6 or 7 against the Stars with a likely OT or two sprinkled in.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
And just like that, I'm cheering for the Avalanche to make the WCF. Didn't see that coming.
[Jim Ross voice]

And as we get ready to start the 2nd round, let us lament the teams that have fallen along the way to get us to thi- ..... wait ... what - what's that music? THE SAN JOSE SHARKS? THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE 2ND ROUND THIS YEAR, WHAT ARE THEY DOING HERE?

[/Jim Ross voice]

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If the Avs win it’s probably in 7. They won’t steam roll through them. Sharks are much more dangerous than Calgary.

Reactions: Sushiko

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
This might finally be the Sharks year. That's the kind of emotional win that can catapult a team on a huge run, fleeced by the refs or not.

I don't see it. I expect a very short series against Colorado. You could see how exhausted the Sharks were in that game and they have a lot of guys that are getting up there in age. They won't be able to handle the speed of the Avalanche. Avs in 4 maybe 5.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I don't see it. I expect a very short series against Colorado. You could see how exhausted the Sharks were in that game and they have a lot of guys that are getting up there in age. They won't be able to handle the speed of the Avalanche. Avs in 4 maybe 5.
They’re still better than Avs. I think Sharks win. Hopefully goes 7 so we can get tired team.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
They’re still better than Avs. I think Sharks win. Hopefully goes 7 so we can get tired team.

In a regular game, I agree with you but you could just see how tired they were in that game and they've played two straight OT games with no time to rest. No time for Karlsson to nurse his injury and Colorado is a speed team. This might just be the worst match up for San Jose. IMO, at leasts.

Sushiko

Don’t touch my Bozak
Jul 7, 2011
PHX AZ
I sort of preferred the sharks, and I feel like if Vegas can let them score three times or four like that, thats pathetic on their part.

However, I want Colorado to win now!!

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
On the other hand San Jose has a window that is closing and this might be their last shot for the foreseeable future. Getting swept is not an option for them.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Sharks only way of winning with Dumpster fire Jones in the net is having the Refs push them across the finish line.

They are equivalent to the Stars in 2016.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Yeesh, I woke up during OT and had been asleep since the first. What a horrible call. Who were the refs this game?

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Does it bother anyone else that you look at the officiating in the first round and realize some of these guys are going to be working the 2nd round, plus the conference finals and finals? And you really cannot point to more than maybe one guy and say, "that guy's a pretty decent referee, I'd be totally fine with him working our games?" [And no, I have no idea who that one guy is; I'm giving major benefit of the doubt here.]

Sushiko

Don’t touch my Bozak
Jul 7, 2011
PHX AZ
Does it bother anyone else that you look at the officiating in the first round and realize some of these guys are going to be working the 2nd round, plus the conference finals and finals? And you really cannot point to more than maybe one guy and say, "that guy's a pretty decent referee, I'd be totally fine with him working our games?" [And no, I have no idea who that one guy is; I'm giving major benefit of the doubt here.]

Oh yes I’ve already been thinking about it
Either way being so happy it wasn’t the blues game this happened to but at the same time scared of what’s coming!!

Also does anyone know what ppl are referring to when they talk about “that knights kid”??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad