OT: Around the NHL - Dallas/Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Sheary also scored 18 while spending more time on the 3rd line that one year. He's a better depth player than you or most want to give any credit to.

Understand one thing. Your issue is with how Sullivan uses him. Let that marinate a little. He doesn't go to Sully and say yo fam use me on Sid's wing so we can market that sid and grown kids thing now yo.

I actually have no issues with Sheary like most on here. I was fine with them bringing him back. I was just stating the facts Sid got him paid. His best seasons were with Sid obviously.

I was just saying Sid matched Kessel's production in the playoffs with a young player in Sheary on his wing going up against 1s. Kessel had similar production with a stacked line going against 3s. I get it would have been a good story for Kessel to get it. But the franchise C deserved that. Kessel had a chance to seal a game and I think if he gets that goal that would have put him slightly above Sid but he didn't.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
It’s official

EDIT:
Real dollars 1.5 mil per year for 2 years
Cap hit 5.5 mil next season then 1.5 mil the season after

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
is there an official start date for next season yet? I see reports of Dec 1 as a target, but nothing concrete.

I haven’t seen anything about starting. They still have to work out the logistics of what they’ll do.

They do need to finish before the Olympics start because NBC has the TV rights and they also have hockey in the US and that starts July 23rd.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Great career King if it is truly the end. Was such a great goalie for a long period of time. That’s really hard to do, much respect even though you’re a Ranger.

I’ll miss these though :laugh:

H1qXkQ.gif

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
is there an official start date for next season yet? I see reports of Dec 1 as a target, but nothing concrete.

I think Bettman basically confirmed the season wont start till next year. I remember seeing Late January/February as possible dates.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Yet Pens can't even buyout friggin Jack Johnson LOL!!!

See what I mean tho that things could be worse? So many teams with way worse contracts(6x6 type deals) than JJ at 3x3.25. Nasvhille is buying out Turris and that will cost them 2 mil for the next 8 years. Thats terrible. We would be flipping out if we were in that situation.

Canucks are a playoff team yet have a ton of bad contracts. What they do with them this off season could determine if they remain a contender or not. They have tough decisions to make.

We all just look at what JR does but there are plenty of bad decisions around the league.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Things could be worse; We could outright miss the playoffs as opposed to being swept in the first round or losing a play-in 3-1. Silver linings, etc.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
See what I mean tho that things could be worse? So many teams with way worse contracts(6x6 type deals) than JJ at 3x3.25. Nasvhille is buying out Turris and that will cost them 2 mil for the next 8 years. Thats terrible. We would be flipping out if we were in that situation.

Canucks are a playoff team yet have a ton of bad contracts. What they do with them this off season could determine if they remain a contender or not. They have tough decisions to make.

We all just look at what JR does but there are plenty of bad decisions around the league.

Would you trade JJ at 3M for Turris at 3M? Pens retain 250K and Preds retain 3M, after Nashville buys JJ out for a low cap hit for 6 years and it works out better for them long term.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Would you trade JJ at 3M for Turris at 3M? Pens retain 250K and Preds retain 3M, after Nashville buys JJ out for a low cap hit for 6 years and it works out better for them long term.

Nashville would be paying just under 4M for the next 4 years if they did that and then another ~1.8M for JJ alone after. Turris’ buyout is 16M. This would be 17.5M minus some retention and they’d be paying more during the Covid fallout. The only appeal would be no dead cap space in years 7 and 8 from a Turris buyout.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Nashville would be paying just under 4M for the next 4 years if they did that and then another ~1.8M for JJ alone after. Turris’ buyout is 16M. This would be 17.5M minus some retention and they’d be paying more during the Covid fallout. The only appeal would be no dead cap space in years 7 and 8 from a Turris buyout.

918K or whatever JJ's 4-6 year buyout window vs 2M. It's more cap for 4 years (2M vs just over 4M) but in the end cheaper once the retention is over.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
918K or whatever JJ's 4-6 year buyout window vs 2M. It's more cap for 4 years (2M vs just over 4M) but in the end cheaper once the retention is over.

Yeah, but it’s 12M of retention over 4 years for Turris and JJ’s buyout is 5.5M over 6. Turris’ is 16M over 8. It’s cheaper to just buy Turris out and only be paying 2M closer to Covid when teams are dealing with a flat cap and trying to cut spending. All they get with JJ is the buyout being over 2 years sooner and cheaper in years 5 and 6 because most of the money has already been paid out.

They’d still be paying more overall and spending more during the current crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad