OT: Around the NHL: Countdown to the Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Boy you are WAY ahead of me. I'm running nhl.tv on my roku. You have to be a full minute ahead. I just got the goal. :laugh:

Center Ice on Fios. For what I pay for the service I should be a minute ahead of The Staples Center. :sarcasm:

Does the speed of this game seem somewhat lumbering and slow? This isn't the Devils vs Panthers, that's for sure.

Reactions: ColePens

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Center Ice on Fios. For what I pay for the service I should be a minute ahead of The Staples Center. :sarcasm:

Does the speed of this game seem somewhat lumbering and slow? This isn't the Devils vs Panthers, that's for sure.

Slow, for sure. But not as slow as Boston and Philly earlier. My god, that made an ECHL game look like Pens/Lightning 2016 ECF.

Reactions: SirBrad

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Some food for thought, something we haven't discussed much; I wouldn't be shocked to see Columbus snag either the 2nd or 3rd seed in the East. Flyers have lost 5 in a row, and the Devils haven't been setting the world on fire (except when they play our boys, of course) for the last 2 months. Columbus doesn't exactly have the toughest schedule, and both the flyers and NJD have relatively brutal schedules going forward:

Vs. Detroit
Vs. MTL
@ PHI
Vs. OTT
@ BOS
@ NYR
Vs. FLA
Vs. STL
@ EDM
@ CAL
@ VAN
Vs. DET
Vs. PIT
@ Nashville

There are a couple tough games, but for a 14-game stretch, it doesn't get much easier than that. And only one back-to-back (tomorrow), and that's with no travel. Pens have four more b2b's, ALL with travel.

Now that I think about it, they're my pick for the Metro 3rd seed.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Oh man oh man. :( Wilson took a puck straight to the face and ran off the ice.

I don't care if you hate him or not. I hope he's okay. It went right into his head.

Reactions: tom_servo

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Damn that looked brutal in real time but I think he will be alright. Couldn't get a really good look. LAK back up 2-1

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
What doctor in their right mind allowed Wilson to go back on the ice? Seriously. And the officials did a great job by stopping a fight with a guy who literally took a puck to the head. Wilson is a damn fool.

The league HAS to do a better job. The guy took a puck to the head. Concussion symptoms can pick up through the night when all the adrenaline stops. This guy is on the ice. What f***ing world is that safe?>

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Props to the ref who was clearly saying "Watch the head" due to the stitches and safety. Great job officials to get that fight stopped.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Dion has been a hot damn mess at keeping pucks in the zone. Like 4-5 pucks he can easily keep he flubs.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Things can change quick from week to week. After our 3 game losing streak, some were jumping ship. We get back to winning again...now flyers and caps fans are predicting their teams fall out of the playoff picture

TheStatican

Mar 14, 2012
What a great night. Caps, Devils and Flyers all lost outright, the latter in the dying seconds of their game lol completing the trifecta. Hall's streak finally ended. Kucherov, McKinnon, McDavid, Giroux & Hall held to a combined 4 points no more than 1 for any. Laine did get another one but Ovi was held off the board. I'm liking it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad