OT: Around the NHL: Countdown to the Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Holtby pulled. Has really had a rough season. 3.00 GAA coming into tonight.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Holtby yanked again. Happens very often lately. Very weak goal by Rakell there, so no wonder.

Certainly does not look like a goalie that's on his way to 16 playoff wins this year. He keeps playing like this, Caps will make their usual exit in the second round once again. Maybe even earlier.

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017
Does anyone else just want Taylor Hall to calm the hell down?? Like we get it, you're ****ing great at hockey, you don't need to score in literally EVERY game to prove that. We get it dude
I remember when Sid used to do that...:(

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Grubauer is outplaying Holtby by pretty significant margin this season. Holtby is really a mess. Wondering if there can be some goalie controversy in Washington coming into playoffs. I mean, Holtby also seems to do very bad vs us. Caps maybe have something to think about.

Reactions: ColePens

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017
Not that I’m defending a **** like Perry, but WTF did he do there? 2 mins for being Corey Perry...

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Certainly does not look like a goalie that's on his way to 16 playoff wins this year. He keeps playing like this, Caps will make their usual exit in the second round once again. Maybe even earlier.
Definitely. But it´s still weird that Caps are leading the division with this weakened lineup and Holtby playing like this. Hopefully we can do something with that.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Grubauer is outplaying Holtby by pretty significant margin this season. Holtby is really a mess. Wondering if there can be some goalie controversy in Washington coming into playoffs. I mean, Holtby also seems to do very bad vs us. Caps maybe have something to think about.

They might want to think about just riding the hot hand. Every game I watch, Holtby gives up a very cruddy goal.

Reactions: BHD

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
They might want to think about just riding the hot hand. Every game I watch, Holtby gives up a very cruddy goal.
Especially if they play us. Combine Holtby´s terrible form with facing us in the playoffs (which he has problems with even when on his game) and you have almost nothing to lose with giving Grubauer a go.

Reactions: ColePens

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Definitely. But it´s still weird that Caps are leading the division with this weakened lineup and Holtby playing like this. Hopefully we can do something with that.

They're going on 2 months os pedestrian play. Have won consecutive games only 3 times dating back to January 9th and haven't won 3 in a row since then. Lots of starts and stops. They built up a huge lead and have been hanging on for the last few months.

Holtby has a 4.19 GAA and .880 SV% in 11 games since the All Star Break. He's been absolutely brutal.

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017
Meh.. let's not wish injury on anyone. That's ****ed up and dumb. I don't care what the guy's character is on the ice, somewhere he has a family.
He wasn’t carted off the ice...

I hear what your saying and I certainly don’t wish serious injury on anyone but seeing someone like him get a taste of his own medicine is poetic justice to me...

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Wilson miraculously back. Still yapping and playing unfocused hockey. They probably need to trade that dope.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Wilson miraculously back. Still yapping and playing unfocused hockey. They probably need to trade that dope.

It'd be a blast to be on the ice with him. Honestly. He's so easily frustrated. I would just be in his ear all night laughing that he can't take one hit. Dishes 'em out but can't take one.

But still - would never wish injury on anyone. Long-term diarrhea for Kuhn/Rowney, but no actual injury.

905PENS

Oskee wee wee
Apr 9, 2013
Hamilton Ontario
It's nice seeing the team that gives liberties taking them for a change.....Sounding like they don't like when the shoe is on the other foot as well. Hope this third period is chippy *no injuries tho, don't like them*

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Meh.. let's not wish injury on anyone. That's ****ed up and dumb. I don't care what the guy's character is on the ice, somewhere he has a family.

I think it becomes more complicated when players keep doing dirty shit that could hurt and have long term effects on other people. It’s more live by the sword, die by the sword or karma.

Reactions: SirBrad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad