OT: Around the NHL: Countdown to the Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
From the high tv angle the Leafs look ridiculous in white against the ice.

All military bull**** before games needs to end

There is a ****ing raptor on a runway outside the boards. Also the lighting seems to be bad, I see 4 way shadows on each player.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
These NBC broadcasts have really become intolerable (more than usual) lately and a reminder how unpopular the NHL is in the US. It feels like they broadcast every game for the less than casual US viewer that just happened to flip the game on.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
the all white uniforms of the Leafs against the white ice wasn't the best idea.

i know they are playing up the military angle here... but incorporating camouflage is a little too on the nose.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The Leafs all look like they're wearing long johns. They also look crappy tonight. Easy 2 points for Washington if they don't get their heads out of their asses.

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017
Leafs getting massacred.

Of course then the Pens stumble, the other top teams in the metro start rolling again...

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
The same rights that allow them to do as they please also allow anybody who finds it tacky and contrived to comment as such.

True but I hate it when other people who don’t live here criticize how we choose to do things...just as it’s my right to call them out...

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
True but I hate it when other people who don’t live here criticize how we choose to do things...just as it’s my right to call them out...

I understand that reaction given the way that she phrased her criticism. Personally, I think there's an awfully thin line between honoring service and creating empty theater. I'm not a vet, but if I were, I'd rather the NHL donate to the VA and skip the pageantry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad