OT: Around the NHL: Countdown to the Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete Gas

Jul 10, 2012
Will Florida be awarded home games forever? I swear the longest home stand I ever seen

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Has the Vegas bubble burst ?

Maybe. There’s a question of teams with demanding systems being able to go flatout for a whole season and they’ve had some crazy shooting percentages so them not maintaining was always a possibility. I don’t think the Pens could go at 100% for 82+ games... and they don’t try to.

ETA: the Fleury bubble has burst. 12 games averaging .904 and 3GAA.

Reactions: ncm7772

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Will Florida be awarded home games forever? I swear the longest home stand I ever seen

Crazy, today was their 6th consecutive home game and win and the attendance filled just 75% of the arena. In a game that pushed them into a WC spot.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Beating the Penguins must take everything out of the Devils. Second time they’ve followed up beating the Pens with 3 losses. Great save by Fleury at the end to finish.

They're really struggling to score goals. Even against us, a less offensively challenged team (outside of Hall, of course) would've put up 6-8 given the way we played against them earlier in the week and the number of prime chances they had.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
They're really struggling to score goals. Even against us, a less offensively challenged team (outside of Hall, of course) would've put up 6-8 given the way we played against them earlier in the week and the number of prime chances they had.

I feel like there's an implication here that the Boston game is the New Normal...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I feel like there's an implication here that the Boston game is the New Normal...

We gave up 6 to Florida playing crap defense and getting crap goaltending.

We gave up 8 to Boston the same way.

Hence, the 6-8 reference.

Inside those bookend games, we played NJ, who had every bit the number of chances Florida did, yet only put up 3.

Relatively speaking, that's struggling to score against the Pens compared to less offensively challenged teams.

Did I paint that clearly enough this time, or should I add color? :jk:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I literally have it bookmarked from early February. I saw them play a few games and noticed. They play a solid brand. I will pat myself on my own back if they make it.

They are in the WC2 spot with 70 points, 4 points back of the Devils but with 3 games in hand. Also a point up on Columbus and Carolina with 2 games in hand. The odds are in their favor.

Reactions: BHD and ColePens

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Jets up on Canes 3-1, 5 minutes left. This is turning into a great off day for Pittsburgh.

Jackets up next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad