Around The NHL - Back in the Saddle Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
FYI it looks like the lottery will be April 28
It’s always whenever I’m trying to be somewhere with my wife for her birthday or our wedding anniversary. Every year I have to beg friends to text me updates that I pretend not to look at while quaffing snooty French red. Every year I’m utterly disgusted and simultaneously attempting to be a good date and celebrate a nice anniversary. Haha.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
FWIW, catching up to BUF means something. Team still competing / improving / etc. Given the lotto odds and that there's 1 prize, not a few, I like it a lot. We're not throwing away our chances at Jack Eichel this year.

Reactions: SniperHF and _Del_

rt

May 13, 2004
FWIW, catching up to BUF means something. Team still competing / improving / etc. Given the lotto odds and that there's 1 prize, not a few, I like it a lot. We're not throwing away our chances at Jack Eichel this year.
I completely agree. I’ve been a violent pro tank radical in the past. That no longer makes any sense. Any remaining tank commanders are misguided. Tocchet is absolutely right about culture change.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
You remember that new lottery system guys like Doan and others hyped - the one that rewarded the team with the best record after being officially eliminated from playoff eligibility? We're winning that system even if it doesn't exist, and I'm totally fine with that. I'd rather let these kids figure out how to win some effing hockey games than let them become the Sabres, who are cherry picking awesome draft prospects and throwing them into a cesspool.

Reactions: CC96 and _Del_

BigDoaner

Jun 2, 2015
My levels:
1. Dahlin
2. Svechnikov
3. Zadina & Whalstrom
4. Tkachuk, Boqvist, Hughes, Bouchard

rt

May 13, 2004
I've got Dahlin clearly ahead of Svechnikov who is clearly ahead of Zadina who is clearly ahead of everyone else for me. It's those three and then a pile of around a half dozen guys who are totally interchangeable at this point for me.

rt

May 13, 2004

Holy smokes!!!
The defencemen group sees a 44 per cent reduction and the forwards a 42 per cent reduction in goal scoring when moved away from McDavid. And it’s not as if McDavid is taking them to astronomical goal-scoring rates. The average NHL forward scores about 0.7 goals per-60 minutes; the average NHL defenceman, about 0.2 goals per-60 minutes. The above graph would suggest that both of Edmonton’s skater groups are about 17 per cent worse than the league average goal scorer at their respective position, so long as they don’t have the opportunity to play with McDavid.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
I watch a lot of Oilers games because why not. It amazes me how much professional hockey players can defer to one albeit supremely talented player. If you spend most of most games waiting for one guy to win for you I'd guess a lot of players would lose their edge.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
31 thoughts:

2. Dundon would not discuss specific names of potential replacements. He lives in Dallas, and a couple of sources indicated two people he knows well and may give him advice: Brenden Morrow and Dave Tippett. Dundon has praised his head coach, Bill Peters, so I’m not sure Tippett is a fit. He is also very close with Francis from their days in Hartford. Another one-time Star, Joe Nieuwendyk, also works for Carolina.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Every time someone tells me that the Coyotes would have been saved single-handedly by Auston Matthews, I can now show them this.
If we would have gotten Matthews we would have sold out immediately, but after the honeymoon, it's all about winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad