Around The NHL - Back in the Saddle Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I honestly hope he retires before it realllly limits the rest of his life. It sucks but I hope he can have a good rest of his life after hockey.
Same here. At this point, unless he wants to end up in a wheelchair later in life, he should probably get out (or join a league that doesn't play as many games as the NHL).

I'm sure he'd do well coaching or scouting for some team.

Reactions: 0point1

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
As Buffalo now leads over VGK, you might need to alter the title again ... :help:

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
Laine with 40 goals as a 19-years old, gotta be proud of mine fellow Finnish boy. Best finnish goal scorer since Selänne, maybe better than him consider this era

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I can't tell if Marchand tries to get out of the way or not. But he probably doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

If you look at the video he turns his head and looks towards where Duclair was as he begins making his turn that way.. For a guy who is supposed to be an elite skater he had more than enough time to avoid that kind of a collision.

Word is he claims he didn’t see Duclair but he clearly was looking that direction beforehand. If it’s true I’m not buying it.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Stole this image from the main board. Shows how much space was initially between them as Marchand turns.

d1JtHYM.png

Official word from team is Duke is out 1-2 weeks. Looked more like he sprained the knee and there’s no other damage.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Sounds like Mike Smith could return today. 1 month exactly after his injury. He was "day to day".

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Mike Smith's first game back. It's a minute into the 2nd and he's allowed 4 goals on 11 shots.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Since October 1, 2015

TeamGPWLOTPP%
30.Vancouver Canucks23286117312030.438
29.Arizona Coyotes23287116292030.438
28.Colorado Avalanche23297119162100.453
27.Buffalo Sabres23390108352150.461
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
With this loss, we overtake the Coyotes as the worst team cumulatively over the last 3 years

I thought we had a firmer grip on that, but it's because they didn't go back the extra year to include our 56 point season. Nice try, Canucks...

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Don't miss the attitude but it was th[e flopping that drove me crazy. Never seen a goalie flop around so much when guys just get close to him or barely touch him. That rubbed off on other players too including OEL. You don't see that as much since he's been gone thankfully. Hate that ****.

The Sergio Ramos of the NHL. He would fit right in playing Futbol.

Last edited:
Reactions: RemoAZ

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Don't miss the attitude but it was the flopping that drove me crazy. Never seen a goalie flop around so much when guys just get close to him or barely touch him. That rubbed off on other players too including OEL. You don't see that as much since he's been gone thankfully. Hate that ****.

Totally agreed with the flopping and diving. That's one of the big reasons I dislike some other sports... just can't stand it. It's one thing to "draw a call" (Cousins is pretty good at this lol) but it's another to just flop and dive (Cousins can sometimes be guilty of this too. Luckily not too often).

Reactions: RemoAZ

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Still, Smith should keep that stuff in the locker room, or better yet shouldn't even say it. Imagine his reaction if he got dumped on for shitty goaltending. I can see his pouting from here.

Reactions: _Del_

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Still, Smith should keep that stuff in the locker room, or better yet shouldn't even say it. Imagine his reaction if he got dumped on for ****ty goaltending. I can see his pouting from here.
The truth hurts. It is what it is. If players can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. Smith can go to extremes which I don't like, but if the coach won't call out the players it can escalate, just like what happened to the Coyotes at the start of the year.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Rieder kind of invisible so far tonight. (no this isn't a joke, he's not scratched tonight).
It took Panik some games to do much of anything, maybe it will take Rieder some time.

Reactions: Yandover

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Rieder kind of invisible so far tonight. (no this isn't a joke, he's not scratched tonight).
It took Panik some games to do much of anything, maybe it will take Rieder some time.
I can't say I'm surprised that it took Panik a few games to come around, different systems, different coaching staffs, different lockerroom emotions, it's bound to take new players a few games to get comfortable. I think we're just now starting to see what Panik can do for us as a middle-six RW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad