Around The NHL - Back in the Saddle Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
The Canucks are just brutal. We're going to pass them.

5 mins into the second and they have 7 shots. They've gone 5 periods without a goal.

We're 4 points back with 2 games in hand. And we play them once more.

Last edited:

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I just skipped ahead til I saw them in the board.

You mean you skipped to the end? That was hillarious. Good thing the Yotes not was of the teams he changed in the alternative ending.

He normally don't do that, but this one, you would get the wrong impression on him if you did.

Anyways. Other teams. And not something from him (I think). I think St.Louis is the best example of bagskating not working. I don't think they would have lost, like, the next ten games if they just had pretended their loss for the Yotes hadn't happened, instead of that bagskating thing.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
No, I just skipped about half way so I could see where they were. I just watched the alternative ending after you said that. Kinda funny.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Ain't just points % this time folks!

upload_2018-3-13_23-46-19.png

Reactions: MIG

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Firm believer that if the team continues to play well the rest of the season it will carry over to October.

I hope this next season things are finally different. Pretty much being the same train wreck after so many changes has been depressing. If we kill our draft position once again by winning meaningless games and start out next season as bad as usual, I'll be ready to give up.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
That's what others have been saying over the past few seasons.

Yeah, but in years past, we'd roll out a garbage squad, get out shot 40-10 and still win the game. This season the late surge isn't a fluke and not luck or "great" gamesmanship by Tippett, a truly different feel. I actually believe they should win the game and more often than not, this team is dominating teams, much like the times when we finished atop the West. I feel "hope".

Dirty Old Man

Anti-chatter Engine
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Yeah, but in years past, we'd roll out a garbage squad, get out shot 40-10 and still win the game. This season the late surge isn't a fluke and not luck or "great" gamesmanship by Tippett, a truly different feel. I actually believe they should win the game and more often than not, this team is dominating teams, much like the times when we finished atop the West. I feel "hope".

that is rather what if feels like now, the last 5 weeks or so. still not sexy, yet they're winning. I mean, they send the Richardson line out with a 1 goal lead, and it's like "yeah, they'll play this whole shift in the offensive end; not even concerned"

Reactions: Grimes and Yandover

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Firm believer that if the team continues to play well the rest of the season it will carry over to October.
Oilers just wanted to say hi!!!! How they are playing now means little in terms of next season. We don't know roster, health, and so on.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Oilers just wanted to say hi!!!! How they are playing now means little in terms of next season. We don't know roster, health, and so on.

We have a bunch of young guys that are learning how to win in the NHL on a regular basis. That is significant, and most of them will be back.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We have a bunch of young guys that are learning how to win in the NHL on a regular basis. That is significant, and most of them will be back.
Yup, the kids have learned how to lose, not it's time to learn how to win.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
We don't have any idea who will be back?? The Oilers returned pretty much everyone and they crashed this year. There are no guarantees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->