Around the NHL 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
oh i don't disagree at all. i think gagner has had atleast some history playing higher up the line up but it was eons ago. just the way this team operates/ices their roster, they wont have a skilled or scoring 3rd line like some of the top teams.

gagner did put up 31 pts on rebuilding detroits bottom-6/4th line...... given the talent gap of the two teams he should hit that here, probably surpass it.

there was a comment on FLAs bottom-6 this year, after they had some turnover or injuries with marchment and duclair. their bottom-6 is still entirely composed of players who produced at a 25+ pts pace/82 gp last year. we have 2 players in our bottom-6 that hit that rate. personally believe we needed to improve that area to compete for a cup.

PMo will chase the scoring out of that bottom 6.

Reactions: WolfHouse

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
If I was Chevy, and I could pick up Nolan Patrick on the cheap, I'd do just that. I understand he suffers from migraine headaches, or some kind of health issues, but the basic talent is there. It likely cost very little to acquire him, and maybe if he was in his home town, he'd settle down and relax, and turn out to be very good.

I'd also look into picking up Petan, as I think teams, including the Jets gave up on him too quickly. I thought he didn't look too bad for Winnipeg, and set up some nice goals. These guys with big scoring touch in Junior, have natural talent, and sometimes it takes them quite a bit longer to adjust to the big stage.

We don't have much scoring on our 3rd and 4th lines, so I'd look quite seriously at going this route, and hope one or both become late bloomers. I know a lot of posters would not agree with this, but I's give this a shot for the right price.

I'm someone who believes there are "diamonds" in the rough out there, and you just have to wait on some of these young guys, who develop late.

Petan isn't an NHL player.

Also, I'm sorry but you're out to lunch if you think Patrick's issues are because he needs to "settle down". The guy can't be in well lit rooms.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Petan isn't an NHL player.

Also, I'm sorry but you're out to lunch if you think Patrick's issues are because he needs to "settle down". The guy can't be in well lit rooms.

Yeah Patrick is likely done at this point. Even if the migrains subside again he's missed so much development time.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
PMo will chase the scoring out of that bottom 6.
We'll have to see. Our GM seldom supplied him with good bottom 6 players. Whereas at least in the most recent year FLA's have shown some serviceable scoring.

Reactions: ps241

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
We'll have to see. Our GM seldom supplied him with good bottom 6 players. Whereas at least in the most recent year FLA's have shown some serviceable scoring.

Florida has had like 1 good year in the last 10 and that was last year where most their team had career years. Florida will suck this year

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Florida has had like 1 good year in the last 10 and that was last year where most their team had career years. Florida will suck this year
They've made the PO's 3 years in a row. So idk if it's jut one "good" year.

I do expect them to scale back from 122 points though. Don't think there's many teams can consistently be a 120+ pt team every year. , a 10 win drop is still 102 pts which is V good year

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Time will tell how Paul does with his bottom six. I have only really known “3rd line is our checking line” Paul so maybe things look very different when he doesn’t have Adam Lowry. That kind of forced a checking 3rd line.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

Time will tell how Paul does with his bottom six. I have only really known “3rd line is our checking line” Paul so maybe things look very different when he doesn’t have Adam Lowry. That kind of forced a checking 3rd line.
Having Lundell as a 3C option bodes well

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Having Lundell as a 3C option bodes well

Good point unless he gets elevated to Pmo’s top 6 lol. Does Reinhart play centre now or does he still play wing like he did in Buffalo? I really didn’t watch the Panther much last season.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Good point unless he gets elevated to Pmo’s top 6 lol. Does Reinhart play centre now or does he still play wing like he did in Buffalo? I really didn’t watch the Panther much last season.
i think part time C. but was primarily at RW. barkov-bennett is a great 1-2 down the middle. with Marchment departing in UFA, and Duclair injured it looks like they Balcers in the top-6 Wing along with Reinhart, Carter V and Tkachuk.

Reactions: ps241
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad