Canada
I’m next

ugWps2.gif

Reactions: SLAYER and Ducky10

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Leafs lose to the Flames who were on a b2b, Campbell has never been the man for the full season and his last 5 or so starts have not been good

Reactions: Cypruss

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Leafs lose to the Flames who were on a b2b, Campbell has never been the man for the full season and his last 5 or so starts have not been good
He’s struggled more or less since around the beginning of the new year

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Rumour du jour is that Vegas is going to put Mark Stone on LTIR until game #1 of the playoffs so they can activate Eichel.
NHL should’ve cracked down on this last year after Tampa did this and rewarded themselves with back-to-back asterisk Cups. NHL turned a blind eye and now this will be commonplace as teams try to get a competitive advantage.

None

Feb 22, 2012
I don't even understand what the problem is with requiring playoff rosters to be cap compliant. I remember the explanation being that it had something to do with players not getting paid a salary while in the playoffs. Surely they'd be able to make what should be a relatively minor change to the CBA to say that the cap is still in place despite salary only being paid in the regular season.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I don't even understand what the problem is with requiring playoff rosters to be cap compliant. I remember the explanation being that it had something to do with players not getting paid a salary while in the playoffs. Surely they'd be able to make what should be a relatively minor change to the CBA to say that the cap is still in place despite salary only being paid in the regular season.

My understanding...The CAP is specifically set based on HRR, and HRR can only be "predicted" based on the regular season because you know how many games will be played and how much revenue will be generated. With the playoffs you don't know how many games will be played and how much HRR will be generated, so it messes up the formula...plus the owners want all the playoff money in their pockets... And I'm sure it's way more complicated than that, but regardless, if the NHL wanted to stop teams from doing this they can figure ways to do so.

- make it so every player that plays in the playoffs had to have played at least 1 regular season game
- apply whatever amount you go over the cap ceiling in the playoffs as a cap penalty for the next season
- Use the cap ceiling , each playoff game has to have the filled out lineup card be less value than that amount based on what the players made during the season.

These are just examples. Like I said, if they want to stop it they can.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Bruins got a look at their future last night. Once Bergeron and Marchand decline/retire it will be messy. That 2015 draft disaster will haunt them for years

It cost them 1 or 2 cups IMO. I know I know hindsight is 20-20 but the problem is they got way too cute.

To recap:

#13 Jakob Zbroil 0 games in the NHL and was a reach at #13
#14 Jake DeBrusk 284 games 149 in the NHL so about half as productive as Barzel and Connor.
#15 Senyshyn 0 games in the NHL and was a totally off the board pick
#16 Matt Barzel 326 games 281 points
#17 Kyle Connor 348 games 298 points

#18 Chabot 297 games 174 points

Both Connor and Barzel were ranked above DeBrusk and way above the other two draft picks I saw on most consensus boards. Barzel and Connor were gifts that fell to Boston in a really deep draft.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Still remember that draft thinking no way either Barzel or Connor fall to us and low and behold Boston just shits the bed and we have a chance at either one.

Its strange the Bruins had a great draft the year before and got 4 NHL players from 5 picks then to see them get this so wrong. They still managed to get Carlo and Lauzon so it wasn't horrible but man they select Barzal and Connor and they would be so loaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad