Around The NHL #8 - A Skate On The Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Edmonton isn't going to squander another McDrai year by hanging their hopes on Smith and Koskinen. Nobody is that wasteful. It's an insult the the game of hockey. Not saying Kuemper will be their solution. But they're going to make a change. 100%
They will probably make a change, but Smitty has played great this year, better than all of our goalies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Smart move. Oh wait, JD is 68, near retirement. Dumb move.:sarcasm:
Good hockey people are good hockey people regardless of age. This is exactly what the Yote's should have done. We had inexperience, and look what it got us.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Smith outplayed all of our goalies this year. Smith was the whipping boy here, same as OEL now.

Smith is a career mid-level goalie with a penchant for Greg Louganis impersonations and it forever flummoxes me how desperately people around here want to defend him, just because of 2012.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
The only way I think Kadri avoids making contact with the head is if he doesn't deliver the hit at all. Faulk's head is down, but he's shooting the puck and that's just where your head goes when you lean into one. Kadri doesn't jump, but so what, clearly looks like the principal point of contact is Faulk's noggin. Player history also means a suspension is likely coming.

Definitely a suspension, imo. These kind of Savard (hit by Cooke) blind side hits were outlawed for a reason. If you come from a players side in open ice and make head contact... you made a really bad hit. Short story... the blindside rule will be used here and Kadri should be sitting for a while I'd hope.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Thru 2 periods the TBL have scored 5. If scratching Yandle was to improve the D, perhaps it's not working.

He made two huge WTF's at the end of the last game. I can see why they scratched him but like you said, it isn't helping. Maybe he was trying to do too much? The GM hates him so maybe a 50% discount on a trade is coming.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It’s like a starving person watching the Food Network.

It’s really been driving home how crappy our team is and how lousy they play. So, so glad Tocchet is gone. Now we just need a bunch of new players. Lol.
Stepan and RT are both gone. Two of the biggest problems with this team in my eyes. We will have probably five or six new faces this year on the starting roster. Let's hope like hell that BA knows what the hell he is doing.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
It’s like a starving person watching the Food Network.

It’s really been driving home how crappy our team is and how lousy they play. So, so glad Tocchet is gone. Now we just need a bunch of new players. Lol.

Montreal executes the Housley power play. Mind boggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad