Around The NHL #6 - All About The Teams Not Ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Toronto vs. Columbus: Columbus in 5
Pittsburgh vs. Montreal: Pittsburgh in 3
NY Islanders vs. Florida: Islanders in 4
NY Rangers vs. Carolina: Carolina in 4

Vancouver vs. Minnesota: Vancouver in 5
Winnipeg vs. Calgary: Calgary in 4
Edmonton vs. Chicago: Chicago in 5
Arizona vs. Nashville: Arizona in 4

You went 7 for 8. Impressive!

Reactions: che

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
With Tallon out, it's probably best that Florida not win Lafreniere. Don't need that team becoming more appealing to available GMs. So, let's go Rangers.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
In part because we're paying already paying two players (Keller and Schmaltz) a notch below Nylander's calibre over $13m a year...but some would have you believe that's juuuuuuuust fine.

Keller I think can get there..... Schmaltz not so much.

Besides.... the other shoe to drop in getting Nylander is Toronto would want a D-man in return and most likely it would be Chychrun.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I didn't say we could. Although if Nylander became available to us, you better believe we would and could make room.
My guess is that Nylander and Hall would be great together on a line.
On the Coyotes Nylander could be the #1 center. To acquire, the 'Yotes need to be very creative to get a d'man for the trade.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
My guess is that Nylander and Hall would be great together on a line.
On the Coyotes Nylander could be the #1 center. To acquire, the 'Yotes need to be very creative to get a d'man for the trade.
You would need a 2nd puck if Hall and Nylander were on a line together.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Lafreniere has to be so happy. That really worked out well for him. New York is right on the cusp of taking the next step. Most of those top prospects they’ve accumulated are in the NHL or damn near the NHL. He probably gets to play with Panarin immediately. What a great situation for him.

Especially considering what was likely to happen if not for the season suspension. He’d probably have just ended up in Buffalo or something. Blech.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
This worked out perfect for AZ.
I just didn't want the lottery to help Toronto, Edmonton, or Pittsburgh get another star player on an ELC to help bail the water from their floundering boats.
Nashville would have been crushing, just because it'd be very Coyotes to win meaningless games to lose 1ov, and fate would ensure that we got swept by Colorado to dub salt in that wound.

I guess I had a 50-50 chance of disappointment. New York is fine. It's great for the league's coffers. Rangers are on the edge of relevance, but not top loaded.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I just didn't want the lottery to help Toronto, Edmonton, or Pittsburgh get another star player on an ELC to help bail the water from their floundering boats.
Nashville would have been crushing, just because it'd be very Coyotes to win meaningless games to lose 1ov, and fate would ensure that we got swept by Colorado to dub salt in that wound.

I guess I had a 50-50 chance of disappointment. New York is fine. It's great for the league's coffers. Rangers are on the edge of relevance, but not top loaded.

I thought for sure one of those teams was going to get the first pick just to rub it in our faces a little more. I'm happy that didn't happen.

Reactions: Jakey53
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad