Around The NHL #6 - All About The Teams Not Ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I wonder what it’ll realistically take to get Matthews? I’d happily give up Hayton, Chychrun and one or two more pieces not named Garland, Dvo and Kuemper.
I think it's a year early and Chick needs to be better in playoffs but if I'm Coyote's GM (??) I call Dubas as soon as the dust settles just to plant the seed.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It’s important to remember at times like these that everything about the Leafs is Grade A, top-notch, big-league excellence and everything about the Coyotes is Bush-league, small-time, bullshit. If you forget, don’t worry, several regular posters on this sub-forum will remind you over, and over and over and over again without mercy.

EDIT: too rude.

Last edited:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
It’s important to remember at times like these that everything about the Leafs is Grade A, top-notch, big-league excellence and everything about the Coyotes is Bush-league, small-time, bullshit. If you forget, don’t worry, several regular posters on this sub-forum will remind you over, and over and over and over again without mercy.

Maybe they should consider shutting the f*** up. Just a thought.
I don't see anyone here post that way?

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Good news is Toronto gets embarrassed which gives them another reason to shake things up. Bad news is Toronto, Edmonton and Pittsburgh combine to have over a 33% chance to land the #1 pick which are also 3 of the least deserving teams in the league. My money is on the Oilers. They'll keep getting first overall until they actually contend for something.

Which means he’ll end up in Chicago. :sarcasm:

Reactions: RemoAZ

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I wonder what it’ll realistically take to get Matthews? I’d happily give up Hayton, Chychrun and one or two more pieces not named Garland, Dvo and Kuemper.

I think we'd have a better shot if we could take Nylander too. Give them some young pieces and the rights to Hall along with some cap room to add another defender. It would take some heavy roster juggling but it's possible. First thing that has to happen id Matthews asking for a trade imo. Don't think they'd move him before the final year of his contract unless he pushed for it.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I think we'd have a better shot if we could take Nylander too. Give them some young pieces and the rights to Hall along with some cap room to add another defender. It would take some heavy roster juggling but it's possible. First thing that has to happen id Matthews asking for a trade imo. Don't think they'd move him before the final year of his contract unless he pushed for it.
It wouldn't surprise me if Nylander was the safest of the big 4, he has the best contract.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
people will be calling for Marner's head but Im not sure id want much to do with his contract.

Reactions: Jakey53

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think Toronto's problems are similar to Edmonton's just not as extreme. They get outworked, bottom six forwards don't grind, need at least one top 4 D and for Sandin to turn out. Goaltending is overall fine and obviously far better than Edmonton's.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Hall - Matthews - Garland
Keller - Dvorak - Schmaltz
Crouse - Soderberg - Anderson (CBJ)
Bunting - Richardson - Fischer

OEL - Demers
Goose - hammer
Oesterle - Soderstrom
Bushy

Kuemper
Hill

does this work cap wise?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Hall - Matthews - Garland
Keller - Dvorak - Schmaltz
Crouse - Soderberg - Anderson (CBJ)
Bunting - Richardson - Fischer

OEL - Demers
Goose - hammer
Oesterle - Soderstrom
Bushy

Kuemper
Hill

does this work cap wise?
I highly doubt the Leafs are going into rebuild mode so if you are pitching for Matthews I suspect it would require more now players and futures. I dont see Chick and Hayton even getting a reply.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Nylander has 5 years left at just under $7 million per.

We can live without him.
I would take Nylander over any forward we have not named Hall. His age, contract and production makes him very desirable.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
We can’t afford him and Hall.
In part because we're paying already paying two players (Keller and Schmaltz) a notch below Nylander's calibre over $13m a year...but some would have you believe that's juuuuuuuust fine.

Reactions: _Del_
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad