Around The NHL #6 - All About The Teams Not Ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/opinion/systemic-racism-police-evidence-criminal-justice-system/

“There’s overwhelming evidence that the criminal justice system is racist. Here’s the proof.”

That’s the easiest read for those not versed in statistics. For those who are, and think my previous post was “hyperbolic”, I say “Update your priors”. Those who I’m speaking to understand what that means.

Real quick - I think that the criminal justice system is not solely the police force. This includes judges, lawyers, juries.

But, one item that comes out of this is that if you are in a certain location in the US, if you are a minority, the deck may be stacked against you in multiple phases. If the police force did something out of line, then it is imperative that the trend does not continue in that manner.

Honestly, everyone should watch Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. They discuss some of these things. Cities where jury duty was not randomized at all, etc. Some very fascinating information.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Dallas came completely unglued discipline wise. Wouldn't be surprised if they get blown out in game 7.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Real quick - I think that the criminal justice system is not solely the police force. This includes judges, lawyers, juries.

But, one item that comes out of this is that if you are in a certain location in the US, if you are a minority, the deck may be stacked against you in multiple phases. If the police force did something out of line, then it is imperative that the trend does not continue in that manner.

Honestly, everyone should watch Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. They discuss some of these things. Cities where jury duty was not randomized at all, etc. Some very fascinating information.
John Oliver? That guy is a tool, just like so many others in the media.

Reactions: 87turbobuick

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
John Oliver? That guy is a tool, just like so many others in the media.

So, at this point, you don't bother with looking into data or have cogent understanding of media and how that operates.

Oliver is spoof media, but the amazing thing is that some of the information that he presents dives much deeper into issues that standard media has informed of. He is honestly more of a "journalist" than a few who hype themselves over the news.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
What is the NHL thinking scheduling a Game 7 for a Friday afternoon? Even for the local times, the early game is at 2 pm in Denver and 3 pm in Dallas. How many eyeballs can they expect at that time?

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
What is the NHL thinking scheduling a Game 7 for a Friday afternoon? Even for the local times, the early game is at 2 pm in Denver and 3 pm in Dallas. How many eyeballs can they expect at that time?

Yeah, that's early in the west. Have your schools reopened, they can't expect kids to start watching 2 pm,and you still have somewhat normal work-days on fridays, right? Game is 1o pm in Sweden/Germany/France, 11 pm Finland, but that can hardly be the reason. (It's 10 pm here in Norway to of course, but I guess it's like 100 people watching it here- can't have much of an impact. And, right, Grubauer is hurt, so forget I mentioned Germany. ;-) )

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Those goalies in that Avs Stars game 7....... :eek:

PSG they've been playing ok. None of the goals have been bad so far (Col's on a great deflection and ridiculous shot by Burakovsky, notice he completely changes shooting angle just prior to the shot and still placed in the corner, Radulov was somehow unchallenged in the crease for Dallas).

Hutchinson's rebounds have been next level bad though. At least he's kicking them out much like soccer goalies do, better than leaving them sitting around in the crease? Looking for a silver lining :)Great game so far tho

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
I'm more impressed by how all of both teams' forwards have been playing, so much better than ours. Our 1C is DVo, I think he'd be a healthy scratch for COL and probably Dallas' 4C (behind Seguin, Pavelski, Hintz but ahead of Faksa). These are both good teams and they absolutely deserve to be here

edit: if anyone needs a streaming link pm me

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
PSG they've been playing ok. None of the goals have been bad so far (Col's on a great deflection and ridiculous shot by Burakovsky, notice he completely changes shooting angle just prior to the shot and still placed in the corner, Radulov was somehow unchallenged in the crease for Dallas).

Hutchinson's rebounds have been next level bad though. At least he's kicking them out much like soccer goalies do, better than leaving them sitting around in the crease? Looking for a silver lining :)Great game so far tho

Second period was definitely an improvement for the goalies but Hutchinson rebound control was non existent in the first whilst Khudobin never tracked anything and kept looking behind himself on every save to check the puck had not slipped through.

Good offensive game I agree

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Second period was definitely an improvement for the goalies but Hutchinson rebound control was non existent in the first whilst Khudobin never tracked anything and kept looking behind himself on every save to check the puck had not slipped through.

Good offensive game I agree

Yeah what you're saying is right but there's more to it than that -- Khubobin wasn't tracking but it's hard to if you're getting deflected pucks, 100% agree on Hutchinson's rebounds what was he doing ?!?!?!? About Khudobin, Avs could have / should have scored a goal in the first minute that would've been memed, in fairness though that was a long whistle.

Goalie positioning has been good on both sides and a lot of these shots are tips / screens etc which makes everyone an order of magnitude harder. Let's see how this PP goes

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
There it is again -- Hutchinson why aren't you covering those? Maybe that explains why he's their 3rd string

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad