Around the NHL #5 (The Mike Smith Tracking Thread Returns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Yeah get your messages in before HFservers explode in about 30mins when the Leafs are eliminated. See you all on the other side :laugh:

Reactions: 0point1 and _Del_

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Is that the end of Mike Smith in the NHL?

Maloney/Treliving and Tippett are the only people to employ him post-Arizona. Can't imagine Edmonton brings him back. They need to fix the goaltending and there isn't a space at backup with Koskinen already signed. Plus Smith sucks and is old AF.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Oilers will likely be looking for 2 goalies.

Smith is gone but I think they need to eat 30-50% of his cap and move Koskinen as well to try to get a legitimate top goalie.

Reactions: Jakey53

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Imagine having McDavid and Drai on your roster to build around for five years and still having jack to show for it and miss the playoffs again.

I can still see Smith coming back to EDM on a 1 yr deal. They need a cheap backup, and his wife is besties with Tipp's wife. Tipp is going to push to bring him back for a last gasp. Surprised he didn't get the start tonight.

Reactions: Mosby and RemoAZ

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Oilers will likely be looking for 2 goalies.

Smith is gone but I think they need to eat 30-50% of his cap and move Koskinen as well to try to get a legitimate top goalie.
Koskinen didn't steal any games, but he didn't cost them the series. They are already looking at cap problems. I can't imagine retaining AND improving the team. Got to ride that contract out, I'm afraid.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I think this Play-in tournament is killing any chance of an expanded playoffs people have been talking about. No way the NHL wants this many sub .500 teams in the playoffs. Almost completely negates the regular season as you'll barely have to pay attention.

Reactions: Fuhrious and _Del_
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad