Around the NHL #5 (The Mike Smith Tracking Thread Returns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Updated Lafreniere preference:

1. Florida (southern bros, keeps him in the East)
2. NYR (keeps him in the East)
3. Pittsburgh (keeps him in the East but already have Crosby)
4. Winnipeg (don't want a Central Div team to win)
5. Nashville (this would otherwise be our pick and I don't want a Central Div team to win)

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Do they bring back Fenton? "Promote" Poile upstairs.

Also, the Pens are about to enter the Laf Lotto.
Don’t think they will. fenton’s people skills and the reputation he garnered in Minnesota likely means he never will be a GM again.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Given that the Laf odds are all equal, I wonder if the NHL simplifies the drawing this year. Usually it's 1,001 different possible combinations assigned to the lotto teams. It'd be cool to do a made-for-TV show where you have 8 tennis ball-sized balls with the 8 logos printed on them, and whichever one the machine pops up is the winner.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
If you think the Leaf's problem is poor goalie you have never watched them play.

True, in the case of the Leafs, poor defensive plays, at key times, is more likely the problem. But Andersen also needs to be able to win games on his own despite the defense, and I have not seen that very often.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
True, in the case of the Leafs, poor defensive plays, at key times, is more likely the problem. But Andersen also needs to be able to win games on his own despite the defense, and I have not seen that very often.
He has been the team MVP for last 2 seasons. Team D is a major problem especially when combined with a below average D core. Tge Stars are too cute and unwilling to pay the price in their own end.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Welcome to Edmonton, Alexis Lafreniere.

giphy.gif

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Lafreniere preference, updated...

1. Florida (southern bros, keeps him in the East)
2. NYR (keeps him in the East)
3. Pittsburgh (keeps him in the East but already have Crosby)
4. Winnipeg (don't want a Central Div team to win)
5. Edmonton (f*** Edmonton)
6. Nashville (this would otherwise be our pick and I don't want a Central Div team to win)

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Oilers have the two best players and then the like 55th best goalie. The bottom six doesn’t work and the D is below average. Some decent prospects coming but Holland has a lot of work ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad