Around the NHL #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Detroit got clowned and pushed back.

Two embarrassed teams, one rested, the other the worst team in the league.

They lose against Detroit, the wheels have come off.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Some "fun" numbers.

Keller (25)
Strome (24)
Domi (23)

It would be funny as hell if Duclair led at the end of the season all the guys we had well ahead of him on the ole depth chart.

Hell it's pretty funny now at half a season.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Some "fun" numbers.

Keller (25)
Strome (24)
Domi (23)

It would be funny as hell if Duclair led at the end of the season all the guys we had well ahead of him on the ole depth chart.

Hell it's pretty funny now at half a season.

The only fun number I'm tracking is the Coyotes lead their division and Montreal, Ottawa, and Chicago are not currently playoff bound.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Our pick sent to the Rangers in the Stepan/Raanta trade....

The Rangers drafted a Jacob de la Rose clone top 10 that has a shitty attitude (threw his WJC medal into the crowd).

Just lucked out the other team was dumb.

I believe Chayka was waiting to see if Pettersson would fall, based on his absurd production for his age and build. Makar's tracking data would have been really wild as well. Trading the pick, as of now, looks like a good read on the draft overall.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yeah I really wonder who we would have taken that year. Necas or Thomas would have been solid picks but would have been waaaay off the radar.
I had Necas in my top ten. I wanted Vilardi who seems to have been utterly derailed by injury and will probably never recover his upside. I really wanted Mittelstadt too. He’s just been sent back to the AHL. I did NOT like Rasmussen at the time, though I’d happily take him now. However, he’s a WHLer. Chayka’s only drafted one of those I think. And he was an overeager if I recall. Not likely. Owen Tippett was a winger. Not premium. Suzuki would have been seen as a huge reach. I have to guess we would have picked Mittelstadt or Necas at 7th.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

rt

May 13, 2004
The Rangers drafted a Jacob de la Rose clone top 10 that has a ****ty attitude (threw his WJC medal into the crowd).

I believe Chayka was waiting to see if Pettersson would fall, based on his absurd production for his age and build. Makar's tracking data would have been really wild as well.
I don’t think Chayka was waiting to see what would happen with Pettersson. The pick was dealt prior to the first selection of the draft.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
The Rangers drafted a Jacob de la Rose clone top 10 that has a ****ty attitude (threw his WJC medal into the crowd).

I believe Chayka was waiting to see if Pettersson would fall, based on his absurd production for his age and build. Makar's tracking data would have been really wild as well.

We traded the pick before the draft, which means that NYR pressured us to do so or we knew our guy was not going to be available. Pettersson felt like a slight reach at the time iirc.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
We traded the pick before the draft, which means that NYR pressured us to do so or we knew our guy was not going to be available. Pettersson felt like a slight reach at the time iirc.

I think it's both. GMs read the draft in front of them, they aren't oblivious. Sometimes waiting around to see exactly how the chips fall isn't worth it.

rt

May 13, 2004
Just found this post from a few days right before the 2017 draft.

I made a random mock. Not really based on want or wish. Not really based on expectation. Just tried to infuse a little of that randomness we tend to see on draft day where we all scratch our heads.

1. NJD: Hischier
2. PHI: Patrick
3. DAL: Heiskanen
4. COL: Vilardi
5. VAN: Pettersson
6. VGK: Glass
7. ARI: Makar
8. BUF: Liljegren
9. DET: Mittelstadt
10. FLA: Tippett
11. LAK: Rasmussen
12. CAR: Necas
13. WPG: Valimaki
14. TBL: Suzuki
15. NYI: Andersson
16. CGY: Tolvanen
17. TOR: Foote
18. BOS: Thomas
19. SJS: Chytil
20. STL: Poehling
21. NYR: Brannstrom
22. EDM: Vesalainen
23. ARI: Anderson-Dolan
24. CBJ: Kostin
25. MTL: Ikonen
26. CHI: Norris
27. STL: Jokiharju
28. OTT: Hague
29. DAL: Gildon
30. NSH: Oettinger
31. PIT: Lind
32. COL: Yamamoto
33. VAN: Robertson
34. VGK: Ratcliffe
35. ARI: Vaakanainen

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Edmonton are falling apart. Tippett might have to bring the snapping turtle back :snide:

Reactions: CC96

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Edmonton are falling apart. Tippett might have to bring the snapping turtle back :snide:
Close game, I wouldn't say they are falling apart. I do think Tip was doing it with mirrors, a well prepared team, Mcdrai major minutes, early in the year. Team systems are more in place now. I thought their team D and lack of depth would catch up to them, that is where we have them beat.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Close game, I wouldn't say they are falling apart. I do think Tip was doing it with mirrors, a well prepared team, Mcdrai major minutes, early in the year. Team systems are more in place now. I thought their team D and lack of depth would catch up to them, that is where we have them beat.

3-6-1 last 10 games. 10-7-3 the 20 games before that. For at least the last 30 games they have not been a playoff team. I'd say that's falling apart.

7-3 start to the season is sustaining their position in the standings, but it won't forever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad