Around the NHL 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Ya wasnt on purpose. He even apologized as soon as it happened but you cant let that slide. Given his history with everything else, 6 seems right
It was definitely careless though. I did chuckle at him attempting to apologize right after. It was like when you're kids and you hit your sibling too hard and you're begging them not to tell mom.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Gregor said he didn't think it was on purpose and Wilson immediately was apologizing. You don't have that kind of immediate reaction if it was on purpose. Careless for sure, but when even the guy who gets smacked says it wasn't on purpose, I'll go with that. Wilson got the punishment deserved either way.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Wilson literally turns his head to look at his opponent right before he starts to swing the stick into the guy's face.

And it isn't like he's attempting to lift the stick, there is only one purpose when you swing a stick at an opponent's face like that.

Accidental :laugh:

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Lol you guys just want your pound of flesh. It's fine, that's what Wilson's history will get him. But he's never, to my recollection, immediately apologized like that before. Not his MO. But sure, he acted out of character to try and fool people. Sure.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Lol you guys just want your pound of flesh. It's fine, that's what Wilson's history will get him. But he's never, to my recollection, immediately apologized like that before. Not his MO. But sure, he acted out of character to try and fool people. Sure.
Maybe because he hasn't done anything as blatantly stupid lol

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
What, in your estimation, has Wilson done to earn the benefit of the doubt?

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Just playing this out in my head, which is more out of character:

1. Tom Wilson did something harmful completely by accident?

2. Tom Wilson did something violent and stupid and then apologized afterward to try to cover himself?

I find #1 much more out of character based on Wilson's past. The guy purposely inflicts pain. It's what he does, whether inside the rules or outside.

Reactions: ADHB

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
It has nothing to do with who Wilson is or what he’s done. I don’t care at all who it is that did it. You keep saying “but he apologized right after” as if that somehow absolves him. Please, explain to me, just from looking at the video, what he was doing when he took one hand off the stick, after the puck was gone, and swung it straight into the guy’s face, There is no attempted stick lift, slash to the hands, play on the puck, or anything even remotely hockey related. If you can explain what he was trying to do, but failed at, and therefore accidentally hit the guy in the face, then maybe you can justify it. But simply saying that he felt sorry about it afterwards doesn’t mean anything.

About as far as you can go is that he tried to hit the guy with a flailing one handed stick swing, but didn’t mean to hit him in the face. That’s not any better.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Watching Sharks/Hawks - perhaps fittingly nobody seems to wanna win this game! 😭

Epic tank job by San Jose, blowing a 4-0 lead to ensure Chicago got at least a point

EDIT: Sharks complete it, losing in OT. 5 clear of the Hawks in the race for #1 and that should pretty much do it

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Not sure if anybody happened to see the Boston game today but Hampus was just absolutely horrible.
i just saw his numbers and it looks like he's back to his usual production after the career season he had last year

big thing that stuck out to me was his lack of production on the PP compared to last season. he had 16 PP assists last season and only 4 so far this season

Reactions: Mr Rogers

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
It helps Hampus that his teams #1 Center is a 2C and their #2 C is a 3C. The year before Bergy and Krejci were 1C and 2Cs. With Bergy they spent less time in the defensive zone too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,757.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Las Palmas vs Real Betis