Around the NHL 2023-24 season thread - part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

Not really NHL news......but I was hoping for Vegas. Although I always wondered if they could guarantee that many hotel rooms around NYE. Vegas is hosting the 2026 Frozen Four at least. If the 2026 WJC is in Seattle, I could use that as a crutch to visit college friends.

If US makes the gold medal game next year I'll drive up to Ottawa for it, it's not a bad drive at all.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Almost halfway and first place in the league is….

The Winnipeg Jets
IMG_2685.jpeg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Almost halfway and first place in the league is….

The Winnipeg Jets
View attachment 797148
I can’t figure out if they’re that good or not.

They certainly don’t look like a bad or unsustainable team.

Dallas and Colorado both look better, but I see nothing that would convince me anyone else in that division is better.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I can’t figure out if they’re that good or not.

They certainly don’t look like a bad or unsustainable team.

Dallas and Colorado both look better, but I see nothing that would convince me anyone else in that division is better.

The Jets had a hot start last season:
IMG_2151.jpeg

IMG_2156.jpeg
IMG_2157.jpeg

And had a worse second half:
IMG_2150.jpeg

IMG_2153.jpeg
IMG_2154.jpeg

And then they played the Vegas in the 1st Round and that was that.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Winnipeg's going all out to justify management staying all in with an underachieving team, though to be fair maybe changing the locker room culture has helped.
Wasn’t scheifle one of the main problems in the room though? Maybe shipping out wheeler helped too.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Helps that they have a top 5 goalie

And maybe they don't have Blake Wheeler any longer? :thumbu:

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Ponomaryov got two points in his debut for Canes. As PPG player in AHL he(with Shaq and Misyul and their rise of their stats and load) can show the difference of the level between KHL and AHL.
God, I hope we will draft Moiseevich. Every year I have some top prospects to draft and some hidden gems for late rounds from K/V/MHL. And mostly we are taking late rounders. May be this year we will finally win a ticket with(Belo)Russian goalie in earlier round.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Wasn’t scheifle one of the main problems in the room though? Maybe shipping out wheeler helped too.

Scheifele was rumoured along with Dubois and Wheeler. They got rid of 2 of those. The Dubois trade is looking like a massive win for the Jets. Vilardi is a legitimate top line winger but health has been a concern at times. Iafallo is a good 2 way winger who you can plug in just about anywhere. And they got Kupari who has some room for potential growth into a top 9 role. It’s early but at this moment it looks like Blake gave up way too much for Dubois. Jets depth up front improved and Perfetti has broken out. They’re a legitimately good team.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Scheifele was rumoured along with Dubois and Wheeler. They got rid of 2 of those. The Dubois trade is looking like a massive win for the Jets. Vilardi is a legitimate top line winger but health has been a concern at times. Iafallo is a good 2 way winger who you can plug in just about anywhere. And they got Kupari who has some room for potential growth into a top 9 role. It’s early but at this moment it looks like Blake gave up way too much for Dubois. Jets depth up front improved and Perfetti has broken out. They’re a legitimately good team.
Yea vilardi has really broken out, PLD has jone jack in LA

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Never understood the fascination with PLD. Had one ok season in CLB, two ok seasons with Win and gets $8.5. So he turned out better than Jesse Puls, big whoop. And on top of that is a grade A jerkoff whiny little bitch. f*** him and the LA LAs.
PLD is very lucky his fellow Quebecois Huberdeau is really stinking up the joint. It’s keeping the heat off of him for now.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
People are obsessed with his size. Bunch of size queens in front offices apparently.

That and he’s a top six center, which are hard to get.

Winnipeg’s 2nd line center is now Namestnikov. It’s working out so far, they have a lot of strong wingers for him to play with (and LA gave them two of them).

Reactions: HBK27 and My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad