Around the NHL 2021-22

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Score app showing our game tomorrow against the Canes postponed. Need to know if that's true and if so I'm curious if it's due to us, the Canes, or both

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Score app showing our game tomorrow against the Canes postponed. Need to know if that's true and if so I'm curious if it's due to us, the Canes, or both

FG6c2f6XsAkD__H

Reactions: PredsV82

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
And now that they have the Olympic break for makeup games it only makes sense to let this burn itself out.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Wouldn't surprise me. Omicron is spreading like wildfire and the holidays are not going to help that.

Omicron is spreading but presenting as no to mild symptoms among vaccinated persons ... resembling its coronavirus cousins that produce sniffles rather than widespread death. That is why some players and staff are questioning if it is wise to continue widespread testing of asymptomatic vaccinated people.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Omicron is spreading but presenting as no to mild symptoms among vaccinated persons ... resembling its coronavirus cousins that produce sniffles rather than widespread death. That is why some players and staff are questioning if it is wise to continue widespread testing of asymptomatic vaccinated people.

Exactly. The currently policy is needlessly strict. But I guess the leagues are so lawsuit averse that they are afraid to change

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Exactly. The currently policy is needlessly strict. But I guess the leagues are so lawsuit averse that they are afraid to change
But I think - like the early days of Covid itself - that it's rational to be cautious with the unknown. "So far" "it seems" like Omicron isn't causing much harm to vaccinated people... this is great news for us all... but while that's the general observational trend so far, hockey is just hockey, it's just a game for entertainment, no real need to take any chances. The hard data is stacking up meanwhile. Players have families too. No need to just keep spreading things to their homes during the holidays if they don't need to. After the holidays, they may have the hard data in hand and will probably send everybody back to work. I think this works out nicely for all of us.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Surprising that NHL players are still clamoring about the Olympics. Seeing what's going on, why on earth would you want to put yourself into that mess and risk being stuck in China?

I mean, if the Olympics even goes ahead, I for sure would not want any of our players taking that risk. I wouldn't trust any organizers or foreign governments with the fate of our team's NHL season.

Of course, flip side, I would be all for having players from other teams bolt for the Olympics. :)

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
If any of them want to go that bad then they can retire and go play. This is what happens when you are part of a larger organization. Most of the players will not be going so the majority will not want to give up a paycheck so the rich minority can go play in the Olympics.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The Olympics are a once every four years event where the sweaters are national ... no free agency, no trades, just representing your country. It historically is significant. Up until 60-90 days before the event, NHL players thought they were going but now the situation has shifted and that isn't happening now. The lure makes sense ... so does the league wanting its players to avoid participating.

Reactions: Scoresberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad