Around the NHL 2019 - 2020

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
But they do have a cup now. So yea they do
Fandom (especially the internet variety) is funny. I didn't do anything (and may have just started following this team last week because everyone else is excited about them), but now I have irrevocable "bragging rights." The same Blues fans that were full of shit yesterday still are today. Bragging rights only matter if you enjoy getting in meaningless pissing matches.

Reactions: Viqsi

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Meh. Boston could have lost to literally any other team and I'd have been happy... well, strike that, Minnesota would have been worse.

If the ****ing Wild win a Cup before us I will just have to give up following hockey.
Screw Boston they have a Championship in all sports I am sick of the Patriots & Red Sox winning every other year.
Screw Pittsburgh and Chicago they completely forgot they even had a hockey team until they started winning cups. At our worst we never had 4 to 5 thousand a game like Chicago. Pittsburgh had to be given Crosby to keep from moving even then Bettman stacked the deck with a 7 year clause he never gave us when Baldy came to our door. At least Blues fans stuck with their team through thick and thin.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
The sports world has gone bizarro.

Baseball town = Stanley Cup

Hockey city = NBA title.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I prefer to think of it this way: I'm glad the Bruins lost.

What, someone won? No, no, that can't possibly be relevant. The Bruins lost. That's what matters. :nod:

Reactions: tulsytrid1

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Josi finished 7th for the Norris.

Somehow Bonino got a first place vote for the Selke. He finished 13th, which is kind of coincidental
Interesting to see also that Ekholm was 10th for Norris. 7th and 10th, even with Subban in the tank!

10th is just barely above the threshold of random noise votes, though - but let's take it! Maybe next season we can have 3 of the top 10 defensemen in the league!!!!

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Ryan Callahan with a reported degenerative back issue and likely going to perma-LTIR. Habs fans and neutrals thinking that Weber recapture penalty will ever be put to the test are dreaming.

Reactions: NNCbama

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Ryan Callahan with a reported degenerative back issue and likely going to perma-LTIR. Habs fans and neutrals thinking that Weber recapture penalty will ever be put to the test are dreaming.

Exactly. Zero reason for Weber to retire when he can be put on LTIR for a hangnail and get paid his full contract

Would love to see the next CBA have a maximum amount of cap relief for LTIR but it will never happen.

Dadof5boys

May 25, 2003
Murfreesbo Tennessee
Visit site
Interesting to see also that Ekholm was 10th for Norris. 7th and 10th, even with Subban in the tank!

10th is just barely above the threshold of random noise votes, though - but let's take it! Maybe next season we can have 3 of the top 10 defensemen in the league!!!!
Unless Fabbro has Bobby Orr skills that he’s been hiding, this is probably next to an impossible feat for the team to achieve now.

Dadof5boys

May 25, 2003
Murfreesbo Tennessee
Visit site
Unless Fabbro has Bobby Orr skills that he’s been hiding, this is probably next to an impossible feat for the team to achieve now.
Although the Norris has just become a popularity contest for the DMan with the highest point totals, so if Ellis keeps getting prime power play time, and our PP still runs mainly from the points, he may slip in there even if he play like a big pile of steaming poo! Btw, 2 tech questions. Can one change their user name on the boards mine has become inappropriate in my eyes now that I have kids, and two is there any way, for the love of Pete, that you can opt out of autocorrect? I spend more time back spacing due to that stupid autocorrect than any other reason.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Although the Norris has just become a popularity contest for the DMan with the highest point totals, so if Ellis keeps getting prime power play time, and our PP still runs mainly from the points, he may slip in there even if he play like a big pile of steaming poo! Btw, 2 tech questions. Can one change their user name on the boards mine has become inappropriate in my eyes now that I have kids, and two is there any way, for the love of Pete, that you can opt out of autocorrect? I spend more time back spacing due to that stupid autocorrect than any other reason.
See your name on the top right? Click that. That should open a dropdown that looks like this, and the option to change your username will appear.
4a380609731b826059f54d4b92252761.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad