Around the NHL 2019 - 2020

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Kind of off topic, but I was looking ahead to our Carolina game on Saturday and noticed that they will be on the back end of a back to back on Saturday. Not that it will help us- seems like lately we always look like crap when we are facing a team on a back to back

But I got to looking at Carolina’s schedule- take a look at the 15 game stretch they started this week-

@ BOS
WPG
@ NSH
@ COL
@ CBJ
BUF
PIT
TB
MIN
MTL
@ WSH
WSH
PHL
@ PIT
@ TOR

Yikes. If they make the playoffs they will have earned it.

Reactions: bdub24

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Kind of off topic, but I was looking ahead to our Carolina game on Saturday and noticed that they will be on the back end of a back to back on Saturday. Not that it will help us- seems like lately we always look like crap when we are facing a team on a back to back

But I got to looking at Carolina’s schedule- take a look at the 15 game stretch they started this week-

@ BOS
WPG
@ NSH
@ COL
@ CBJ
BUF
PIT
TB
MIN
MTL
@ WSH
WSH
PHL
@ PIT
@ TOR

Yikes. If they make the playoffs they will have earned it.
Rootin for em just so they can keep pissing off the stuffy Canadian good ole boys

Reactions: sparkle twin

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
ha nice the Panthers are 4th for me since they employed me. Past that I don't really have a lot of rooting interest
A buddy of mine, lifelong Sabres fan..introduced me to hockey when we were living in South Florida. He went to watch the Sabres play the Panthers...I got into the home crowd

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Wild are 6-0-2 last 8- wins over St Louis, Winnipeg, Calgary and Tampa Bay

Only two losses?? To the Preds

I think I was just a tad too harsh on the Preds in those two games vs Minnesota- those 2 wins are looking better and better.
And the Lightning have 13 regulation losses. 0-2 against the Preds....

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
My hunch is the home crowd wasn't very large
Nah, but they were plucky!

And I have to say (not sure how well this will go over)..the org reminded me of the Preds in terms of fan interaction, staff approachability, etc

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Landeskog out 4-6 weeks. 4 pts out of a playoff spot so could be the dagger to their season.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
CBJ fans have to be sick. Since the all in trade deadline, they've went 3 and 5 which also includes three shut out losses in their past six games.

Two of those three wins were in OT/SO situations as well.

They're currently hanging on to the 2nd WC spot with MTL on their heels. However they aren't that far from the teams above them either.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
CBJ fans have to be sick. Since the all in trade deadline, they've went 3 and 5 which also includes three shut out losses in their past six games.

Two of those three wins were in OT/SO situations as well.

They're currently hanging on to the 2nd WC spot with MTL on their heels. However they aren't that far from the teams above them either.

Just more evidence that big splash deadline deals rarely work. Since getting Duchene and others, they can't score to save their life- are averaging 1.8 goals per game. And even worse, have scored a combined 7 goals in their last 6 games.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Playoff picture shifting rapidly. Dallas now back up to C3, Coyotes are WC2, Wild on outside looking in.

I know many folks here hate the Blue Jackets but how sweet would it be if they took down Tampa from the WC2 spot?? (Would be even cooler if Shea and the Habs did it, but I just dont see them hanging on to that spot)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad