Around the NHL 2019 - 2020

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Really bothers me that the NHL apologized to Vegas. A borderline call went against you in the playoffs where you proceeded to allow 4 goals in 4 minutes, on top of that, you already blew a 3-1 lead to get to game 7 and the kicker is that you were gifted a team capable of winning the cup your first year, still made trades with teams so they could protect more important players which allowed you to build a good farm system really fast and aren't going to get raided in the next expansion draft giving you another huge advantage. In conclusion, f*** off, nobody feels bad for you.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Really bothers me that the NHL apologized to Vegas. A borderline call went against you in the playoffs where you proceeded to allow 4 goals in 4 minutes, on top of that, you already blew a 3-1 lead to get to game 7 and the kicker is that you were gifted a team capable of winning the cup your first year, still made trades with teams so they could protect more important players which allowed you to build a good farm system really fast and aren't going to get raided in the next expansion draft giving you another huge advantage. In conclusion, **** off, nobody feels bad for you.
:clap:

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I didn’t find that call against Vegas to be borderline at all. The refs reacted after the fact and really screwed that up. Not sure it even deserved 2 minutes to be honest.

With that said... it’s Vegas and I don’t feel bad for them.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I didn’t find that call against Vegas to be borderline at all. The refs reacted after the fact and really screwed that up. Not sure it even deserved 2 minutes to be honest.

With that said... it’s Vegas and I don’t feel bad for them.

He cross checked him which threw him off balance and while he was off balance he was taken to the ice by Stastny. It's borderline. It's certainly not no penalty.

Still, don't allow 4 PP goals with a 3-0 lead.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I wouldn't mind the Blues winning the Cup. They've been in the league 52 years without having won. That's one of the longest droughts in the league, if not the longest. There wouldn't be any shame at all in them winning one before the Preds, IMO. Now, if the Jackets were to win, that might be a little different, since they're from the same expansion class (even though the Preds were ready to go, building and all, a year earlier).

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I wouldn't mind the Blues winning the Cup. They've been in the league 52 years without having won. That's one of the longest droughts in the league, if not the longest. There wouldn't be any shame at all in them winning one before the Preds, IMO. Now, if the Jackets were to win, that might be a little different, since they're from the same expansion class (even though the Preds were ready to go, building and all, a year earlier).
Counterargument, all Blue Jackets fans aren't flaming douchecanoes.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
He cross checked him which threw him off balance and while he was off balance he was taken to the ice by Stastny. It's borderline. It's certainly not no penalty.

Still, don't allow 4 PP goals with a 3-0 lead.

Ok borderline.... On whether it should have been called for a 2 minute minor or not. Even then I disagree with any call being made as the officials are never supposed to react based on what they think might have happened on a play.

But yes, no team should ever allow 4 pp goals in a 5 minute power play. Actually, no team should allow 4 goals in that amount of time regardless of the situation.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
The Blosers do seem to have a high percentage of azzhats. They call our chants sophomoric. They sing home of the Blues during the National anthem. :huh:

A Bruins/Blues final might break the board though. :naughty:

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I wouldn't mind the Blues winning the Cup.
giphy.gif

Jul 12, 2007
Every other team I've watched in the playoffs seems so much more explosive than us. Not sure if that's just a by-product of playing Dallas or what.
It's a product of having NOBODY step out and carry the team. Benn, MacKinnon, Couture, Stone, Marchand ..... gladly take on the role. Every team that wins big, has somebody to do it.

Jul 12, 2007
What ****ing Preds fan in their right mind would call this "the best postseason in forever"??
Um, one that's a hockey fan who knows that hockey can exist beyond the Preds ? When they're in it, I'm a Preds fan. When they're out, I just like hockey and root for some other teams for various reasons. This is a great post season for the unexpected and new names / teams. For everybody that bitches about the Pens, Caps, Wings, Blackhawks being there too much over the years, this is a great one.

Reactions: Aardvarksson

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
I'm just mad Preds (Laviolette, assistants) never did anything during the season, winning despite of their bad play.

I literally do not care who wins but would like CBJ to lose because I believe that will help even a little tiny bit towards getting Duchene, if they go for a deep run he might just stay, but getting singular players who aren't exactly superstars probably isn't the way to go for this club.. Would love for it to be that easy though

And Aho (and Mäenalanen to a lesser extent) would look great in the side of a Stanley Cup. Gotta root for the Oulu guys no matter where they play.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
It's a product of having NOBODY step out and carry the team. Benn, MacKinnon, Couture, Stone, Marchand ..... gladly take on the role. Every team that wins big, has somebody to do it.
Forsberg is every bit capable of pulling that power move to the goal that Tarasenko did on Heiskanen last night for the game winner. We didn't see anything like that. The whole team was a chasing, disorganized mess for most of the series.

Jul 12, 2007
Forsberg is every bit capable of pulling that power move to the goal that Tarasenko did on Heiskanen last night for the game winner. We didn't see anything like that. The whole team was a chasing, disorganized mess for most of the series.
Forsberg's the best hockey player on the ice during many Preds games. Why he couldn't step it up, who knows. Except for few plays over 6 games, he played nothing like he's capable of. Really the same with all of the Preds top talents. Some blame to them, some to Lavi / other coaches. Coaches have to make it happen, if it doesn't happen by itself.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

Well, to be fair, he did have a very similar, pretty spectacular goal in game 3 at Dallas.

But other than that, nothing....

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Damn. Carolina with three goal total in two games and up 2-0.

Isles should have stayed in Nassau

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
Anyone else find it a bit of poetic justice/karma that the Sharks are bitching about a blown call costing them Game 2 against Colorado?

Reactions: LCPreds

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
It never ceases to amaze me just how hard it is- how long of a grind it is- to win the Cup.

It feels like the playoffs have been going on forever, and yet, for the team that wins the Cup, we aren’t even to the half way mark yet. Crazy

Hardest trophy to win in all of sports.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad