Around the NHL 2019 - 2020

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The way the NHL is now, you have to build from within and add as needed. And the fact that we almost always finish middle of the pack draft-wise means we never have a chance at a Mackinnon or McJesus. On the flip side, the fan base here is fickle and probably would not support the team if we were basement dwellers.

We've never had an opportunity to know that. At this point I think we could survive it. Funny enough, you mention Mac but I wonder if Colorado would even trade their 2nd or 3rd best player for whoever we might consider to be our best. And they're also about to get the 5th pick in the draft. Gonna get even uglier for the Preds in the Central moving forward.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Licentia said:
Either they (Nashville) struggled with Colorado, or they were overrated in the first place, because one way or another, they shouldn't have had so much trouble.

Let's see how much trouble Calgary has with Colorado in 2019. We'll do a comparison.

Predsanddead24 said:
Calgary looks to be struggling a bit with Colorado as well. Guess everyone is overrated :dunno:

Licentia said:
I guess that means that Calgary is going nowhere, either.

Calgary went nowhere, as predicted.

Nashville lost today.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
My kids are decked out in Victory Green all the time anyway. It won't exactly be "bandwagoning", but more like "collateral damage" that I end up watching some of what Dallas does the rest of the way. Otherwise I'd shut 'er down until the draft too. :confused:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
do most teams hang division banners? i know Calgary said they wouldn't according to their board cause it's weak..
Being we already have one I would just add to it, wouldn't have a ceremony, just recognize it opening night.

Calgary might as well hang one, it's the only thing they will see for a while.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
i would have argued arvidsson and forsberg were clear cut #1 forwards. low end is probably more accurate. arvidsson has 0 points in the series.
At this point it's debatable if any other NHL org other than Ottawa would use a player from our org in their #1 line.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
And no, I would not want Maurice here as a candidate to replace Laviolette either.

Reasoning? Not saying you’re just wrong on this, just would like to know why.

Also, I came here to say that you guys know since Winnipeg got eliminated, it’s gonna happen to us. Ya know, since we perform identically in almost every way.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Reasoning? Not saying you’re just wrong on this, just would like to know why.
Because I don't think he's a very good coach? He made the playoffs 6 times and missed 12. He's got a really good team right now, and they floundered in last year's playoffs just like ours did, and then were flat all year this year, just like ours. They should be a lot better than they were. Now, it could be argued that he just went flat there, like Lavy did with us, and that he's actually just a good coach too who will have success again in his next gig. Except... he's never really had success in any gig before? I don't see anything progressive about him as a choice, he'd just be recycling another dinosaur on the basis of "experience" only.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Jones must have heard all the trash people were saying about him after the earlier games.

Would love to see us put up that kind of valiant effort tomorrow... but I'm not holding my breath

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Sitting here thinking about the board meltdown that would happen if Pekka gave up that exact goal Fleury allowed-

Would be massive- lol

Prediculous

May 11, 2018
Redding, CA
San Jose and Vegas have so much more fight in them than Nashville. It's sad, I kept thinking there's no way our guys would make sacrifices like these players are making.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
San Jose had no business winning that game - Fleury handed to them and Jones was a wall in the other end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad