NYI - no game 5 needed
TB - no game 5 needed

Washington (tied 2-2) - ?
Nashville (tied 2-2) - ?

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Also, seems like this year you can see that the teams that were playing well down the stretch into the playoffs are carrying that momentum there. Hasn't always been the case.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Ill be back for the draft.... only time i actually bandwagoned was when Chicago got Kimmo a Cup
bandwagon may not be the right term.

I'll be half way zoned out after we are out and will root for Dallas in the games I watch since they are a southern team in Texas. that shit drives the up north snobs crazy. Carolina in the east.

Reactions: sparkle twin

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
bandwagon may not be the right term.

I'll be half way zoned out after we are out and will root for Dallas in the games I watch since they are a southern team in Texas. that **** drives the up north snobs crazy. Carolina in the east.

I get what you mean. I suppose if it came to it id root for the Isles because of Trotz and how big a dagger to the heart of Toronto it would be if they won.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
So far, home teams in a game 5:

Calgary (trailing 3-1) - L
San Jose (trailing 3-1) - W
Winnipeg (tied 2-2) - L
Boston (tied 2-2) - L

NYI - no game 5 needed
TB - no game 5 needed

Washington (tied 2-2) - ?
Nashville (tied 2-2) - ?

Maybe the Preds will look around at what is happening and take some extra motivation in the fact that as bad as things feel right now with the Preds, we actually are in better shape at this moment than:
Tampa
Boston
Pittsburgh
Winnipeg
Calgary
San Jose

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
The playoffs are always so fascinating- the twists and turns in a given series. Take the Calgary/Colorado series.

Avs with a dominant performance, win in 5 games.

But if you really look at it-

Calgary won game 1 in a blowout

And in 2 of the other 4 games, had a lead in an empty net situation in the final 2+ minutes.

What happens if they don't blow the lead at home in game 2?

They easily could have been up 3-1 going into last night- yet are now going home in 5

You see stuff like that all the time in playoff series- fascinating stuff....

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yeah while it looks like Colorado dominated the series that one could have been very different. Still the two best regular season teams are sitting at home, crazy.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
I never really thought Calgary would go very far. They may have had the most points in the west but felt like they weren't really that good and didn't have any playoff experience as a favorite. It is much easier to be the underdog. I really think anybody can win the cup this year.

Reactions: PredsV82

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Fun to see someone who the canadian hockey media tried their damndest to prop up when he came into the league (Johnny Hockey, really?) absolutely expose himself as the little bitch he actually is.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
So this is what you get if you suck for a decade? Granted I wouldn't trade our 10 year run for Colorado's but they're stacked now thanks to those top picks. I'm not convinced the Preds aren't at their absolute ceiling simply due to an inability for Poile to let them truly suck.

Crazy to think the only reason we even have Jones --> Joey is because of a Duchene offsides that didn't get called.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
The way the NHL is now, you have to build from within and add as needed. And the fact that we almost always finish middle of the pack draft-wise means we never have a chance at a Mackinnon or McJesus. On the flip side, the fan base here is fickle and probably would not support the team if we were basement dwellers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad