Around the NHL 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Reirden out in Washington. Wonder who they go with now. Could see Lavi being a good fit for them. There last former Preds coach worked out pretty well for them.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I think there's no stopping Vegas this fall.

With Colorado's sudden injury woes, I don't either- at least not in the West.

It is shame if the Avs are not healthy because that would have been a really good WCF.

If it winds up Vegas against Boston or Tampa in the finals that will pretty much be a tossup.

Call me petty, but I am still highly aggravated that Vegas has been a SC favorite from day 1 of their existence. More power to them for pulling it off, but that is not the way it is supposed to work- lol

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The Stars are doing to the Avs what the Avs did to the Yotes and what the Yotes did to the Preds. Were the Preds that bad? :laugh:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
*checks the scores in the 2nd round of these playoffs*

Yep, team defense and solid goaltending still rules in the NHL.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Eh that was a game the AVs had, took two stupid penalties back to back, gave Dallas life and then fell apart.

Colorado's biggest weakness is they don't like to dump and chase, so if you can get the lead and force them to do that you have essentially shut them down.

Their back up goalie isn't as good as Khudobin either so that doesn't help.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Aberg is now (technically) on Pittsburgh. Would not have guessed that 4 years ago.
He already signed in the KHL though. I haven't read through the trade thread on the main boards, but I'm not sure what the rationale might have been for trading the rights of some of those players who clearly are not going to be re-signed. There must be something. :dunno:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
He already signed in the KHL though. I haven't read through the trade thread on the main boards, but I'm not sure what the rationale might have been for trading the rights of some of those players who clearly are not going to be re-signed. There must be something. :dunno:
Might have just been a way to get a contract off the books to clear space. Not sure how all of that is being counted currently.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Yotes get docked a 2nd this year and a 1st next year.
It's a stiff penalty that will definitely serve as a deterrant.

That said, it also would have been very suitable to dock them the 1st THIS YEAR, because that's the players they cheated with. The NHL was a little soft letting them off the hook for that part of it.

It may not seem so soft when the draft comes up next year, though... the Coyotes did not finish well, and as embarrassing as it was to lose to them... what do they have to look forward to next season???

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
That said, it also would have been very suitable to dock them the 1st THIS YEAR,

The Coyotes moved their first from this year in the Hall trade already. So with this penalty they have no picks in the first three rounds this year and no first next year and will lose either a 2nd or 3rd depending on if they re-sign Hall.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
What did Arizona do?

Apparently held tryouts for potential draftees against NHL orders. This might also be part of the Chayka saga, I would think. If Sully ends up being the permanent GM hes gonna have his work cut out for him.(I hope for his sake he wasnt involved in this, too)

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Apparently held tryouts for potential draftees against NHL orders. This might also be part of the Chayka saga, I would think. If Sully ends up being the permanent GM hes gonna have his work cut out for him.(I hope for his sake he wasnt involved in this, too)
Tbh I'm sure everyone in the organization knew about it. I don't think you pull that off without ownership and lessers knowing.

lstcyr

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
Yotes get docked a 2nd this year and a 1st next year.

So, what happens to the spot? Let's say they finish 3rd worst in the league. Are they in the lottery and whatever they get just gets skipped? I'm wondering about the mechanics. Are there only 31 picks (I'm assuming Seattle is in the draft) in the first round?

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
So, what happens to the spot? Let's say they finish 3rd worst in the league. Are they in the lottery and whatever they get just gets skipped? I'm wondering about the mechanics. Are there only 31 picks (I'm assuming Seattle is in the draft) in the first round?

Yup, the Yotes pick, disappears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad