Around the NHL 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
What the **** kind of stupid bull**** jerseys are the blackhawks wearing tonight? Jesus, they look like a triple A youth club.
Another one of their winter classic jerseys. I didn't know if those had any significance or they just ran out of ideas because they've been in so freaking many of them.

But, a Google search showed these were from the 2019 WC at Notre Dame, "Chicago's modeled after the '33–34 Stanley Cup champions".

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
True, they are undersized. True, Preds have gotten small. True, they are too laid back, lack a certain fire and aggressiveness. And it is true they are subject to continuing injuries because they are so docile.
But two other things are true:
The NHL is doing virtually nothing about the continuing illegal hits. Slaps on the wrist do not deter thugs and the league shows little concern for their players.
I also saw the injuries real time and slow motion from every possible angle. These shots would have put a very big, tough guy down and hurt. Kidneys(Arvidsson) and heads(Ellis) are not tough; they are vulnerable on all regardless of statue. And particularly when you are defenseless; like on your stomach or turned the other way.
The NHL player safety process is a joke.
I absolutely agree with that too. Player Safety is atrocious.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Florida is now the leading scoring team in the league. If Bob had not had such a terrible start they could have been leading the league in points now. With Q behind the bench they could well make a run.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
The Jets skidding into the all star break gives you hope we somehow pull this thing off and get into a playoff position. They had the chance to throw a knockout punch but couldn't.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
The Jets skidding into the all star break gives you hope we somehow pull this thing off and get into a playoff position. They had the chance to throw a knockout punch but couldn't.

Kind of reminiscent of the end of the season playing for the division last year. Neither team seemed to want it.

Additionally they are wearing Hellebuyck out. They started Brossoit last night but Hellebuyck has 40 starts already.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Imagine if the Preds had half the heart the Blue Jackets do. That team is so fun to watch, everyone pulling the same rope every shift.

They are becoming one of the stories of the NHL season. Despite having their roster gutted over the summer, they are 16-2-4 in their last 22 games and in a playoff position in the ultra competitive Eastern Conference.

Two regulation losses in over 2 months.

Tortorella has to be coach of the year right now.....

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Did Josi even participate in any of the events? Excluding the save streak where everyone was involved.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I wonder how well those radar guns are calibrated, though. Aren't there quite a lot of players around the league who regularly crank it up to 106 or beyond in the individual team skills competitions? I always wondered why nobody really makes any big deal about some random plug clocking 109 or 112, when they seem to make such a big deal over Weber or Chara at 106 or 108. And then if there's something sacrosanct about the radar guns they use at the All-Star Game, how hard can it be to use the same ones in every other arena? Or if it's just inherently tricky to calibrate them for any of these events, team or league levels, how do they know the 2020 result is as good as 2016 or 2004 or whenever? :skeptic:

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I’m not seeing or hearing a thing about the off ice events for fans..... beyond Gretzky’s begging for applause line of StL being one of the greatest cities, I’m didn’t hear a thing from the press extolling the job the city did to amp up the ASG and the NHL in general. StL keeping a firm grasp on staying part of fly over country i guess.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
The best things about the skills competition????? McDavid not winning fastest skater, The women's 3 on 3 and Al McGinnis still smoking a slapper over 100 at his age. The rest Mehhhhh.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Have not heard that, that's pretty impressive then. Because he was just a 1/10th of a second off what he skated last year.
Exactly. Amazing. There is a thread about it on the main boards I believe. Supposedly surgery would require 10 months of rehab but can be put off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad