Around the NHL 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Saw this stat earlier today- under Barry Trotz, the NYI are 55-2-3 when scoring 3 or more goals in a game.

If my research is correct, the Preds have SEVEN losses this season alone when scoring 3 or more

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Whatever Montgomery did has to be bad. No warning, Stars players have said no one has told them what happened and it's reported that it doesn't fall under player abuse.

If we take Nill's comments at face value this doesn't involve any current or former player, criminal investigation, or the four points laid out by Bettman.

Did he sleep with someone's wife? Did he abscond with the church funds? Was he shocked to find out there was gambling occurring at Rick's Cafe?

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
If we take Nill's comments at face value this doesn't involve any current or former player, criminal investigation, or the four points laid out by Bettman.

Did he sleep with someone's wife? Did he abscond with the church funds? Was he shocked to find out there was gambling occurring at Rick's Cafe?
lol ironically my two guesses (I don't want to be that guy but whatever) are something "sexual in nature" or gambling, more specifically involving hockey games. The second one might be a reach, but still.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
The other allegation against Lavy is from Daniel Carcillo. He alleges than Lavy would "send you out to fight when you know that he never fought"

What a crock of shit. Everybody and their mothers knew that the only reason Carcillo was in the league was to run around and piss players off. If you are that type of player and your coach insinuates that you need to answer the bell I don't see anythign wrong with that. Personally, I'm with Carcillo on the head trauma stuff, but I'm not a fan of him trying to become the go to guy as the NHL social justice warrior.

I'm all for holding people accountable, but hopefully this movement doesn't take the edge away from the game. In my opinion, hockey is already less fun and interesting than 15 years ago. Hope it doesn't get worse.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The other allegation against Lavy is from Daniel Carcillo. He alleges than Lavy would "send you out to fight when you know that he never fought"

What a crock of ****. Everybody and their mothers knew that the only reason Carcillo was in the league was to run around and piss players off. If you are that type of player and your coach insinuates that you need to answer the bell I don't see anythign wrong with that. Personally, I'm with Carcillo on the head trauma stuff, but I'm not a fan of him trying to become the go to guy as the NHL social justice warrior.

I'm all for holding people accountable, but hopefully this movement doesn't take the edge away from the game. In my opinion, hockey is already less fun and interesting than 15 years ago. Hope it doesn't get worse.
Carcillo has become a complete tool lately. I know his intentions with what he does these days are good, but the way he goes about it is insufferable. He would've never cared one bit about this until a few years ago.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Eh I try to leave the personal out of it and look at the information. I mean in that interview he could have really slammed Lavi if he wanted to but backed off and tried to leave it as not liking a coaching style. Yeah he put that one point about fighting in there, but he cut it off after that.

It does kind of explain the Pittsburgh/Philly series when he was there, which if you remember did get a bit silly.

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019

What a crock of ****. Everybody and their mothers knew that the only reason Carcillo was in the league was to run around and piss players off. If you are that type of player and your coach insinuates that you need to answer the bell I don't see anythign wrong with that. Personally, I'm with Carcillo on the head trauma stuff, but I'm not a fan of him trying to become the go to guy as the NHL social justice warrior.

An NHL coach who sends out a player to fight? Gosh, who would believe that?
Seriously, anyone who believes the NHL was unaware and shocked by coaches who have abused players either physically or mentally is dreaming. The NHL is big on toughness and fighting and tolerating those who may go too far. I’m sure many players have to be challenged frequently to perform regardless of the salary they receive. But there is a limit.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Whatever Montgomery did has to be bad. No warning, Stars players have said no one has told them what happened and it's reported that it doesn't fall under player abuse.

Listened to the Nill presser. It's nothing involving a current or former player. It's nothing that will involve a criminal investigation. And nothing with the new 4 point plan. That narrows it down considerably. Undoubtedly the reason will eventually leak. Especially if Montgomery decides to challenge it, or if they try to not pay him the rest of his contract

Edit.. missed the earlier posts covering this already

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Listened to the Nill presser. It's nothing involving a current or former player. It's nothing that will involve a criminal investigation. And nothing with the new 4 point plan. That narrows it down considerably. Undoubtedly the reason will eventually leak. Especially if Montgomery decides to challenge it, or if they try to not pay him the rest of his contract

Edit.. missed the earlier posts covering this already
Guessing is just petty at this point but whatever, I wouldn't be shocked if it involves either gambling on hockey or a relationship with someone who may be married to someone within the staff. The fact that players said they don't know is especially odd.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Kind of doubt the relationship with someone thing, that stuff gets around pretty fast usually and the players probably would have at least had a hint.

You would have thought if it was gambling though they would have said so. I'll be honest based on the not its, I have no real clue.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I'm not sure where he stood prior to this string of firings, but I checked on coach longevity and Laviolette is the 3rd longest tenured coach in the NHL right now. Cooper is #1 and Maurice is #2.

Winnipeg is doing fine in the standings, despite serious issues on the blueline this season and Laine is having a renaissance season as a more complete player. So Maurice is looking safe, but Cooper has got to be on the hot seat this season.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY

If you are a baseball fan you might know the story of former Cards announcer Harry Carey who slept with the owner's wife and was drummed out of St. Louis leading him to the Cubs. I'm not saying this is it, but it has an aire to it. If so, then of course no details will come out.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
If you are a baseball fan you might know the story of former Cards announcer Harry Carey who slept with the owner's wife and was drummed out of St. Louis leading him to the Cubs. I'm not saying this is it, but it has an aire to it. If so, then of course no details will come out.

Anyone in their right mind would sleep with Harry just because of the musical gift to the world he truly was.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I don't really see how we could justify entering the Hall sweepstakes at this point. We could really only pay a rental pricetag on him, right? Signing him long-term at big $$$ isn't really in our playbook. Other teams must be willing to pay more if they think he's a potential long-term keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig