Around the NHL: 2019-20 Season Pt. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
CapFriendly has been working its tail off today tweeting out rosters for every team with transitions, cap impact for various moves, etc.

Amazing work!

I really didn't think anyone would ever be able to fill the enormous shadow cast when capgeek tragically ceased operations, but capfriendly has truly become one of the best sports sites out there.

Last edited:

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
Get an education dude......... It lasts a lifetime.
Knowledge is such a lovely gift. You can share 100% of what you possess and still retain everything. If I see someone who is hungry and share my sandwich with them we will both have only half a sandwich. But if I see someone struggling and share knowledge we both walk away with all that I have to offer. Education is the gift that keeps on giving.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Knowledge is such a lovely gift. You can share 100% of what you possess and still retain everything. If I see someone who is hungry and share my sandwich with them we will both have only half a sandwich. But if I see someone struggling and share knowledge we both walk away with all that I have to offer. Education is the gift that keeps on giving.

But I'm still hungry damnit!

Reactions: DJN21

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Islanders continue to do things their way — sometimes boldly

The whole "goalies are voodoo" line made me think of this edition of the PDOCast:

Kevin Woodley talked about some of the reasons why the Isles goalies were so good last year.

A big part of it is that the goalies and D are all on the same page with how to play things with the D trying to take away the far side options so that the goalies can focus on the short side, among other things.

There is a lot of talk in the pod about how Markstrom had the same exact Save% in 18-19 as 17-18, yet he looked much better and the advanced metrics from Clear Sight Analytics backed it up saying that Markstrom way over-performed compared to the prior season because the chances against were of much higher quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad