Around the NHL: 2019-20 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Speaking of the Leafs, I'm listening to Hockey Central on Sportsnet in the background (while cleaning) And a couple takes were that Andersen could be gone next year. I doubt it, he's for the most part been a successful goalie in regards to his career thus far. I personally think that

He's losing a bit of confidence, because he has so much weight on his shoulders due to the fact that there isn't a solid #2 to fall back on. The workload has been crazy.

The amount of injuries infront of him, too.

I've always been a huge fan of him. He's played like shit this year, though.

bigbenbuffalo30

Mar 6, 2018
Feeling dejected today, yesterday was the first time in a while I went into a game excited to watch and they sucked the life out of me.

However, I’m watching YouTube videos of happier times. Remember when Drury scored with under 10 to go and then Maxi won it in OT against the Rangers? You know who lost that face-off for the Rangers, making one of our fondest memories possible? None other than Michael Nylander. Thanks Mike.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Watching Lehner play tonight vs NYR. It’s currently 5-2 NYR and he has a few questionably soft goals. I haven’t watched him much outside of tonight but right now He looks like the same Lehner I remember from Buffalo.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Watching Lehner play tonight vs NYR. It’s currently 5-2 NYR and he has a few questionably soft goals. I haven’t watched him much outside of tonight but right now He looks like the same Lehner I remember from Buffalo.
Him and Kane are literally the only reason that awful roster is even in playoff contention.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Freddie has also been struggling for a couple of months. It’s a perfect storm.
Scoring depth is another issue this season. In a nutshell- the Leafs just aren't a very good team. They have too many hefty contracts. It's going to be tough for them to contend in the near future with 3 players making north of 10 million a year. Once the cap rises a bit it won't look so bad, but for now they just dont have the cap space to build a deep team.

People think they should trade Nylander, but he's actually on a great contract.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Scoring depth is another issue this season. In a nutshell- the Leafs just aren't a very good team. They have too many hefty contracts. It's going to be tough for them to contend in the near future with 3 players making north of 10 million a year. Once the cap rises a bit it won't look so bad, but for now they just dont have the cap space to build a deep team.

People think they should trade Nylander, but he's actually on a great contract.

I mean, they traded away the best value contract they had for 1 year of Barrie. The thing about Nylander is he's easily the worst of their core forwards, and he's just as soft as his brother, so he's not the sort of player that tends to thrive in the playoffs, and he hasn't so far in his career. I think putting his ~$7M toward defense would benefit Toronto more than moving a better player for more cap space.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I mean, they traded away the best value contract they had for 1 year of Barrie. The thing about Nylander is he's easily the worst of their core forwards, and he's just as soft as his brother, so he's not the sort of player that tends to thrive in the playoffs, and he hasn't so far in his career. I think putting his ~$7M toward defense would benefit Toronto more than moving a better player for more cap space.

He's been okay in the playoffs, for sure not so far down below the others like Matthews.

NHL.com Stats

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

He's always been a very hot and cold goaltender with not much in the middle. Unfortunately, the cold is what people remember the most when you are an inconsistent goalie. When you are consistent, people remember more of your best play.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
He's always been a very hot and cold goaltender with not much in the middle. Unfortunately, the cold is what people remember the most when you are an inconsistent goalie. When you are consistent, people remember more of your best play.

I saw a tweet wondering if the lack of an extension is messing with Lehner's head a bit as he was a little quieter than normal during the game the other day.

Given how well he has played on one year deals last season and again this season, I can understand why he feels that he has earned a solid multi-year deal.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out for Chicago with both Crawford and Lehner hitting UFA on 7/1.

Browse - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

The entire UFA goalie market could be really interesting this summer.

Reactions: Chainshot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad