Around the NHL 2019 - 2020

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I have no problem with the call tbh. There is absolutely no reason to be making that play to begin with when you have a 3 goal lead in a game 7. Even if you think it is a bad call, if you give up 4 goals in one 5 minute major you can't even blame the call because you just flat stunk it up on the PK.

Reactions: sparkle twin

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
As bad as the call may have been, giving up 4 goals is on Vegas. Bad calls happen. Good teams overcome them.

I'd give anything if we had a player with Joe Thorntons heart. I hate the Sharks for all they have done to us in the playoffs but if a West team is gonna win this year I wont mind Joe finally getting his hands on the cup

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Hate the Sharks, hate the gifts Vegas got as an expansion team, hate the call which was totally bogus and should have been a 2 min minor at most... all that hate basically swirls together and collapses into a black hole of "<shrug> don't really care" in the end. :dunno: It's just dark comedy at this point. Like 4 PP goals could ever happen. In the 3rd period of a Game 7. That's too trippy to be real, but it's kind of funny in a way that isn't really a good look for multiple parties.

Sharks probably win the Cup after this, right? Script writers are earning their pay this playoff. It's like Game of Thrones in the early seasons. Everybody dies. There's no room for anybody truly Good to survive.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse
While the call isn't perfect, I'm okay with it. Player Safety. Captain goes down in a non puck related play, head hits ice, concussed, blood. You give SJS carte blanche to headhunt if you don't call anything on that. I'd argue that a 5 on 3 for 2 mins was more in line but whatever, f*** vegas, karma for what they were handed. Don't give up a 3-1 series lead.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Preds I believe scored 4 power play goals in last 18 games- going all the way back to March 12

SJ got 4 in 4 minutes

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Preds I believe scored 4 power play goals in last 18 games- going all the way back to March 12

SJ got 4 in 4 minutes
It's funny cause it's true

I had a feeling that I was being generous by saying only "this month." It seemed likely that it stretched into March. The fact that it stretched all the way back to March 12 is a bit surprising... though it probably shouldn't be when they were dead last all season.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
If the Preds can’t win I love seeing a bunch of new teams so other than the Blues and Bruins still being in, this is pretty awesome.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
no repeat for WSH. carolina wins game 7 and moves on.

I was watching at trivia. It was 2-0 Caps for a long time. I was walking around between questions to stretch my legs and it was 3-3 in the third period. I missed all those goals. I am not surprised that Carolina won with that momentum in the game.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad