Around the NHL: 2018-2019 (Part 2) Off-Season Thread, Arbitration Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Seattle Blue Screens of Death.

Easy enough logo. Cost saving too.

computer-blue-screen-of-death_fa51987186.jpg

Reactions: Buf fan in Nash

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

Man, Vancouver have a lot of great young pieces - just a bunch - but why would they go for Karlsson? They are stuck in this perpetual rebuild denial. Are they hoping for a sign-and-trade or trade-and-sign thing, or would they take their chances? The Sedins are gone so what's the Swedish connection? Such a weird team to be involved.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

I am an Islanders season ticket holder and was at almost every game last season. I can say with absolute certainty that Chimera was the worst player in the entire league. Dead Weight continuing to play him every night is a fantastic example of how he was a generationally terrible coach.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I am an Islanders season ticket holder and was at almost every game last season. I can say with absolute certainty that Chimera was the worst player in the entire league. Dead Weight continuing to play him every night is a fantastic example of how he was a generationally terrible coach.

Absolute certain huh?
So Nolan played better than Chimera?
did Gorges?
did S. Darling?
did Ladd?
did Burrows?
did Vesey?
And many more ...

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Absolute certain huh?
So Nolan played better than Chimera?
did Gorges?
did S. Darling?
did Ladd?
did Burrows?
did Vesey?
And many more ...
Darling is the only one I'll give you. Everyone else on that list of suck was better than Chimera. Hell I'd even say the bloated corpse of Cal Clutterbuck was better than Chimera.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

Man we throw the word "generationally" a lot around here lately...weird.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY

It’s not just lately. It has lost it’s true meaning with many because it’s not accepted and people want to make their own meaning and define players by their own made up definition. Sorta like a lot of politically charged words now a days. Broad strokes.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Here is an actual quote from a Doug Weight press conference last year:
"We only gave up 40 shots tonight"
An NHL coach actually said this, and was being completely serious.

sandybridge

Welcome Taylor
Jun 24, 2018
What's wrong with Seattle Metropolitans? The first Metropolitans were the first United States team to win the Stanley Cup.

So there is going to be a team AND a division that is the Metropolitans, and one does not even belong to the other?

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Here is an actual quote from a Doug Weight press conference last year:
"We only gave up 40 shots tonight"
An NHL coach actually said this, and was being completely serious.

Oh, I'm not saying Doug Weight wasn't a bad coach, but "generationally" bad? Like, the worst NHL coach in a generation?

And this is after reading the Ryan O'Reilly trade also being called a "generationally bad" trade. It's far from the worst trade in the NHL or even by the Sabres in a generation. It's not even the worst trade this summer.

I will agree that Dahlin is a "generational" defenseman, or at least projects to be if he lives up to the hype. But not too many things are "generational".

Reactions: Icicle and ZZamboni
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad