NHL Around the NHL 2018-19 VII - Final Countdown to Trade Deadline - Matt Duchene to Blue Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Dzingel trade is great for a team and a GM not afraid to try go win. Like the Coyle deal but if that is all Donnie Boy does he fails again

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Was he streaking?

....yes....

OhmsK4DDdWsE.gif

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Dzingel trade is great for a team and a GM not afraid to try go win. Like the Coyle deal but if that is all Donnie Boy does he fails again

How is the Dzingel trade “a team not afraid to try to win”, but the Coyle trade isn’t? You’re really sticking to your “scarred Donny” stance at all costs, huh?

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Flyers jersey reminds me of the old Campbell and Wales all star jerseys. A bit darker, but that's what popped into my mind.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
more like a team desperate to win because they've had literally zero meaningful success in their franchise history and are barely hanging on to a playoff spot.

the hilarious thing is they could still miss the playoffs after making all these moves. you good with giving all those assets up for rentals just to roll that dice?

If the Columbus Blue Jackets are the team you want to emulate then go root for them. I'm totally fine with Sweeney's approach thus far even if he's taking longer than I'd like.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Couple of thoughts:

1) good on Dorion for kicking ass on these deals. Got be tough for him to dismantle the team, but he is making the most of it. Also good on the CBJ for making a serious statement and giving themselves a ton of options. They can move Panarin now and still be a better team than they were three days ago.

2) sneaky fun deal for Zuccarello to the Stars. Those conditions on those picks ensure that it's only a really good deal for either team if it's a really good deal for both teams. It's a genuine and creative win/win scenario and pretty cool to see.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Yes I still don't care for Sweeney. Please tell me how getting a 25 goal scoring winger for Krecji got 2 second round pucks would be a bad thing.

I like the Coyle deal, got rid of one of the college smurfs and I like Coyles game. It isnt close to being enough to make them a threat yet, just another half measure and excuses.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Couple of thoughts:

1) good on Dorion for kicking ass on these deals. Got be tough for him to dismantle the team, but he is making the most of it. Also good on the CBJ for making a serious statement and giving themselves a ton of options. They can move Panarin now and still be a better team than they were three days ago.

2) sneaky fun deal for Zuccarello to the Stars. Those conditions on those picks ensure that it's only a really good deal for either team if it's a really good deal for both teams. It's a genuine and creative win/win scenario and pretty cool to see.
I also wonder if Gorton didn't put in the signing clause on one of the picks to discourage them from extending him so that NYR can just sign him in the offseason. I'm sure they love the guy. trading him for picks and then signing him anyway would be brilliant.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Yes I still don't care for Sweeney. Please tell me how getting a 25 goal scoring winger for Krecji got 2 second round pucks would be a bad thing.

I like the Coyle deal, got rid of one of the college smurfs and I like Coyles game. It isnt close to being enough to make them a threat yet, just another half measure and excuses.
I must have missed the press release with all the excuses. can you post a link?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My brother just called me, at 11:00 PM his time, and we haven't talked in a couple weeks. The first words out of his mouth were "what's up with those hideous Flyers jerseys" :laugh:

Reactions: Alicat

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I also wonder if Gorton didn't put in the signing clause on one of the picks to discourage them from extending him so that NYR can just sign him in the offseason. I'm sure they love the guy. trading him for picks and then signing him anyway would be brilliant.
:laugh: Good call. I didn't think of that.

How the hell are the Stars even in on this? With all of the turmoil and BS from earlier in the season, they shouldn't even be in the conversation. A few teams aside, the West is just a god damn mess.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad