NHL Around the NHL 2018-19 VI - Trades & transactions edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Hard to see the numbers on those Tampa Bay practice jerseys they’re wearing tonight
They remind me of another team....

3c66ac04-46f7-4505-981a-2c4b09184cab_screenshot.jpg

member 96824

I might be in the minority, but dam, that baseball/limbo celly was kind of dope. Got me amped for a bit. Gimmicky, sure. Fun? Hell yes!

You’re not in the minority. The fun police are just very loud.

These are awesome. I hope more smaller market teams embrace their fans and the game experience like this. Only going to build loyalty. Screw the Don Cherry snowflakes of the world.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

These are awesome. I hope more smaller market teams embrace their fans and the game experience like this. Only going to build loyalty. Screw the Don Cherry snowflakes of the world.
God forbid people enjoy themselves.

You aren’t a true fan unless you are overly critical and crap over everything no matter what.

Just shoot over to the Sweeney thread and you will see what I am talking about.

member 96824

You aren’t a true fan unless you are overly critical and crap over everything no matter what.

You should go to the game, put your head down, apologize when you score, and make sure the fans use nothing more than a golf clap when excited...and I’m not talking a birdie or eagle cheer, that’s bad for the game and you’ll hurt my feelings if it gets that loud you jerk! I’m talking a polite par clap.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

I watched that segment and I think Cherry was over the top calling them jerks but I happen to agree with his sentiment. I think (key word here) it’s childish but whatever. That’s my opinion and I’m as far as you can get from a “snowflake”.

If the Bruins did something like this it actually would embarrass me as a fan

member 96824

I watched that segment and I think Cherry was over the top calling them jerks but I happen to agree with his sentiment. I think (key word here) it’s childish but whatever. That’s my opinion and I’m as far as you can get from a “snowflake”.

If the Bruins did something like this it actually would embarrass me as a fan

Why?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Grapes was spoiled by coaching Bobby Orr .

Orr would score and put his head down and line up for the face off. Nothing more then a tap on the shin pads.

member 96824

I explained that. I think (again, my opinion, it’s how I’m wired) it’s childish. Nothing more, nothing less.

If they want to do that fine. Doesn’t mean everyone has to be so giddy about it

Fair. Differing opinions I suppose.

Personally, I find the entire Bruins experience extremely stale. Hearing “Back in black” for the 1500th time doesn’t really rev the engine..but here’s a small market team where the fans are sticking around after the game having a great time with the players..that’s pretty cool to me. I hope they continue to push the limits and get the stuffiness out of the game.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

it`s not my cup of tea but I`ll take these post game celly`s long before the true gimmick of deciding a game with a skills competition

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Grapes was spoiled by coaching Bobby Orr .

Orr would score and put his head down and line up for the face off. Nothing more then a tap on the shin pads.

It’s just how people are wired. Remember Mike Foligno? He used to drive Bruins fans nuts with his jump in the air whenever he scored. (And he did score some killers vs the B’s) If he was a Bruin people here would have loved him.

Orr was just a humble guy like Barry Sanders. Sanders would score a TD on a ridiculous run and then just flip the ball to a ref. It’s just how he and guys like Orr are. Either way, as long as you don’t show up an opponent it’s all fair game to me

Reactions: Trizz617
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad