Around the NHL: 2018-19, Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
wonder if PIT would like to flip a 4th for Beaulieu now? They get out of Oleksiaks 2 more years for a RFA, could see Nate having some success in that system.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Don't see the penguins wanting a Beaulieu right now. My wife told me they have 9 healthy dmen now so I guess this is just a move that allows them to activate shultz from IR without needing to waive a dman

Reactions: Jim Bob

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
Great trade for Toronto. Obviously they’re in win the cup mode, but taking away 4 mil of cap space for Summer 2019 just makes this years free agency more interesting.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Good deal all around. Big Grundstrom fan, really wanted him in the draft, glad he's not going to be playing in Toronto. Muzzin at $4m next year just replaces Gardiners caphit. (doubt Gardiner re-signs)

Reactions: Zman5778

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Hopefully Botts has something for us. I really don't want a Murray-2017 deadline where we do **** all.
His plan is to fail and lose for the next few years until we can call up all the amazing prospects we've acquired (from a prospects pool that is indistinguishable in quality from most of the other 30 organizations) and try and catch up with the 13 other teams who have blown miles ahead of us.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Might be my bias, but I like that trade way more for LA than the Leafs. Grundstrom and a 1st is a biiig pricetag, and Muzzin on the Leafs cap is just more of a squeeze.

Ok Botts. Respond.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Man Toronto is gonna be super interesting to watch this offseason. That's 4 million less in room to work with. Obviously a smart move, they weren't gonna be able to realistically go far in the playoffs without upgrading their defense. I still think there's more work to be done though.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
The Leafs are going to burn their future to go "all in".....just to lose to Tampa in the 2nd round.

Their cup window is literally 1 season now. They are going to be in cap jail (40M to 4 forwards), an above average defense (Reilly, Muzzin, Zaitsev) and going to lose a key piece at the expansion draft

As good as their luck has been (hitting a home run with Marner, winning the lotto for Matthews, getting Babcock/Tavares to sign there), it's been clear since day 1 that their defense isn't good enough. Adding Muzzin moves them from average to above average....at the cost of their best prospect and a 1st, and 4.5M in cap space next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad