Around the NHL: 2018-19, Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That trade deadline where Regier was going to do "everything he could to make our team stronger" and we waited all day for them to announce we gave the bad version of Tim Connolly a 2 year extension instead is what everyday has been like for Edmonton fans this season.

The Salisbury Rocket ie. Bob Corkum has a thing to say about.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Fun match up Sharks vs Caps. Sharks take it in the 3 on 3. Hertl hat trick. Ovie hat trick, Kane gets 2 goals including tying one with .9 seconds left.

Watching how smoothly Washington and San Jose both counter attack, move the puck, pass accurately, etc.. forces me to remember how much of a talent (and coaching) deficit the Sabres continue to have.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The funny part is that Tim & Sid called this before the game last night.

Although, they thought the Oilers would wait until the day of the All Star game to bury the story.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
To bad we couldn’t have had sober Lehner here in Buffalo, we would have our franchise goalie right now.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
To bad we couldn’t have had sober Lehner here in Buffalo, we would have our franchise goalie right now.

To be honest I'm happy what we have in Hutton/Ullmark/UPL. Even more happy Lehner looks to have sorted himself out & found a place where he can succeed.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
To be honest I'm happy what we have in Hutton/Ullmark/UPL. Even more happy Lehner looks to have sorted himself out & found a place where he can succeed.

I think UPL is probably the only one with franchise potential. Hutton is probably a low end starter, Ullmark could probably be a mid range starter.

I don’t think you’d ever have a chance to win a cup with Hutton as the guy.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Something tells me that if we had sober Lehner and at least competent coaching, people's opinion complaining about what we gave up for him wouldn't be as high.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I think UPL is probably the only one with franchise potential. Hutton is probably a low end starter, Ullmark could probably be a mid range starter.

I'm sorry, I just had to comment that it sounds like you're talking more about speakers than hockey...

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I'm sorry, I just had to comment that it sounds like you're talking more about speakers than hockey...
Totally dating myself here, but I can't help it...

New-Bitmap-Image.bmp

"Check it out, my man! This is the Dominator X-10. Thirty inches of thigh-slapping, blood-pumping, nuclear brain damage! So what if it's as big as a Subaru and costs as much? You'll never have to trade this in! This is gonna be with you for the rest of your life! And when you die, they can BURY you in it!"

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

Who knows if he would've turned around his personal life if we gave him another contract - or, even if he did, that he would have had the same success without Korn's tutelage.

With that said, the narrative that Lehner bombed in Buffalo, aside from one poor season, is exaggerated.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006

He is amazing.

True but he tried to score an empty net goal to get number 4 on the night-with Dman in front of him.. Wide open teammate who would have had easy empty net and no one to block pass to him either. Cost them 2 points.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

Cam Ward won a Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad