NHL Around the NHL: 2018-19 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
love how the Toronto media continues to struggle to deal with reality... the hockey central show today is just the most recent example but was funny enough I thought id mention

the panel is marek, kypryos and Shannon... the topic is how can the leafs afford to pay Tavares/Matthews/marner and nylander

so they say... well we got 11 mill for Tavares... and 12 for Matthews {marek says only 12? Shannon says lets call it 12 to make this easy} and they say 9 for marner {they all chime in marner will be the hardest one to sign}

and they all agree that the mapleleafs can only afford 36 mill for these 4 guys... so they add it up and say ok, that still leaves 6 for nylander lol omg

12+11+9 equals how much guys? I will do the math for you
its 32 mill and if the max is 36 that leaves only 4 mill

now I personally don't think Matthews gets 12... im going to say he will sign a matching deal to Tavares because that's what usually happens on most teams

but Toronto is REALLY SCREWED on their cap

on leafs lunch today they are talking about how kapanen getting all this scoring playing top line in nylanders absence drives up his price next year too. hes a rfa next year too. if he has 50 points that's 3 mill for him too.

in june of 97 I posted in the nhl thread here in the boston forum a few posts about how Toronto was headed to this problem and several posters told me nonsense... told me what a great problem to have...

well now everything is happening exactly as I predicted... jvr, bozek,komorov, their vetern depth all had to be shown the door because no money {I am impressed they decided to bring in Tavares but they couldn't afford their team even without Tavares... bringing in Tavares means theres ZERO money to improve the defense}

nylander looks like history cause theres ZERO money to give him the 8 he wants... gardner is very likely going to be history next year because I do think Matthews/marner are going to cost 20.

and the thing is... im not happy about torontos misery or edmontons. im been preaching for a few years now that these second term contracts are killing a teams chances to build through the draft. over the past 5-6 seasons teams have been giving every single decent second term contract kid player ufa money.... and now whats the difference signing ufa or trying to draft??? either way your cap gets murdered BEFFORE YOU WIN.

Chicago, boston, la all had to let huge chungs of their cup winning teams go 2-3-4-5 years now but it was AFTER they won. Pittsburgh got very lucky that their 2 building blocks are 2 of the top 5 players in the nhl. no other team has that luxury. they were able to rebuild for 2 champtionship runs in the same decade

Washington might get a chance at a second cup but will they get a 3rd? they have only 11 guys signed next year for 67 mill. can they fill the bottom 12 spots in their roster for 13 mill and have enough depth to remain a cup contender? and then Backstrom will get a 4-5 mill raise so any hope they can count on the cap going up is going to be eaten by that

this situation is out of control and when the next cba comes around theres some very powerful teams {Toronto} that are now being screwed by the cap/second term contracts and this is going to blow up and become a major debate

I guess theres nothing we can do to stop it now... its coming. but some of you posters here who were trying to argue in favor that these kids keep getting these idiot contracts just be told now... this is what I was talking about. maybe you see it now? maybe you will disagree with me once again? but its a dull roar getting louder and louder and soon it will be a scream even the most obtuse wont be able to deny

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Flyers lucky to pull that one out in a shootout. And this after they were leading 5-2 at one point late in the second period. :help:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
20181016_210320-2016x1512.jpg

Well, that's...... something.....

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Lightning empty net goal. Hat trick for Tyler Johnson.

I think there have been approximately 372 hat tricks this season already.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
McDavid with another point. Reilly Smith costs Vegas a goal on a play not even involved in going offsides.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Are the Habs good? That would suck

I wouldnt say Habs are great but they are playing a fast game with a good forecheck. The pp sucks but the pk has been better. Alot more entertaining then last year. Tatar surprises me with his skill and intensity. Domi has played good since the start and byron is a break away threat each time he steps on the ice. Kotkaniemi is going to be good. Hes smart and plays a good 2 way game. Hes not strong enough yet but he should be adding some muscles within a few years. Price as been ok and Niemi as prolonged his career since he joined the Habs. Mike Reilly as been an under the radar pickup. He leeds the habs in ice time with Petry.
In all alot of positive and surprises for the Habs early on.

Your top line is just filthy. Bergy and Pasta are on fire. I guess theB's didnt like getting spanked by the cup champs in their 1st game.

We should have 4 great games between my Habs and your Bruins this year.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
lol so is Reilly Smith just going to continue his career trend of being good one year and shit the next year? looking like it.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
No “code” in this one :laugh:

I think Benn won the fight, but I give Woods props for hanging in there and enduring the initial storm, and coming back. Looks like he had a hard time getting his feet underneath him.

For such an amazing skater he has terrible balance, if that makes sense.

I love Benn. Man, that guy will do whatever it takes, and super talented.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I wouldnt say Habs are great but they are playing a fast game with a good forecheck. The pp sucks but the pk has been better. Alot more entertaining then last year. Tatar surprises me with his skill and intensity. Domi has played good since the start and byron is a break away threat each time he steps on the ice. Kotkaniemi is going to be good. Hes smart and plays a good 2 way game. Hes not strong enough yet but he should be adding some muscles within a few years. Price as been ok and Niemi as prolonged his career since he joined the Habs. Mike Reilly as been an under the radar pickup. He leeds the habs in ice time with Petry.
In all alot of positive and surprises for the Habs early on.

Your top line is just filthy. Bergy and Pasta are on fire. I guess theB's didnt like getting spanked by the cup champs in their 1st game.

We should have 4 great games between my Habs and your Bruins this year.

f*** the Habs. I hope their season turns to shit so quickly and so terribly they contract the franchise, burn Montreal to the ground, and salt the Earth where it once stood so that it may never rise.

And it insults me you don't feel the same way about the Bruins and Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad