NHL Around the NHL: 2018-19 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Gritty and fast.They get Weber back in Dec ..They are a sleeper in East to make playoffs .

Don't be deceived by early season hockey. Weak teams like the Sens and Habs are having success as their is not much defensive intensity or hitting, when the intensity picks up these teams will come down to earth.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
The Leafs and Habs being good is my worst nightmare because you know Tampa will be in the hunt for 1st by March. Bruins really can't afford it to be a 4 or 5 team race in their division.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Leafs may be taking the next step. They have looked really good the pst two games as a whole team.
It’s a long year , the Bruins were almost unbeatable in January and February. The Bruins are definitely going to need two strong lines to compete with the Leafs because even without Nylander , Tavares obviously boosted that team .

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Let’s see how the Leafs do with their goalie hurt.

I have been saying this since the 2 back up goalies were taken from the waivers, if he goes cold or gets hurt, look out. Now everything is great, lot of home games a hot goalie, the back up is a rookie, no one else. We got two very good goalies.

How many times have we seen the Habs win the October Stanley Cup then fade in the end, enough with the Leaf hype, not like it is not all over the main boards

From Slapshot - "Denis Lemieux: I'm tired of it! Puke! Blah! All the time, puke!

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
TSN has Toronto (1), the B's (3) and Tampa (8) in the power rankings this week. Which means it's going to happen again this year. One of the best teams in the league is going to get screwed with a first round playoff exit.

This playoff format is more suited to something like arena football, not the world's premier hockey league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad